New to the program

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to the program

I am getting ready to start the program and will take any advice anyone has to offer. My problem is once I decide to have a glass of wine, I plan on having one, maybe two, but end up drinking the whole bottle. It's not that hard for me to say "I'm not going to have any wine today, it's just when I start, I can't seem to stop. It's very frustrating. I really enjoy a glass of good Chardonnay, and don't want to quit completely. I'm hoping this program will work.

New to the program

welcome

Welcome to the program. Beleive me, you'll fit right in. There are plenty of us here that are in very similar boats.
    I know that when I start I don't usually stop.
    I'm doing the supps side of things. Not the Topa.
    Finding it works OK for me.
    Mind you I have been on/off the program for 4 months.
    But now I am on it with a vengeance.

Again, welcome.
    Please continue to read posts and add posts.

Try to encompass as many parts of the program that you can. I'm sure it can help you.

All the best
    GS

Comment

New to the program

Hi Jas,

Welcome to MWO! I think that this program is aimed to do just that, help those who want to stop drinking after one or two drinks instead of keep going. It also helps those who want to go complete abs, your choice.

May I suggest you start by ordering or downloading the book. It is quick and inspirational read packed full of all the information you will need to get started. Also, these boards are loaded with information and support on all aspects of the program! So read, read, read!!! You will be amazed at what you learn! We are all here to help!

Best of luck to you as you get started!!

Donna

Comment

New to the program

Jas,
        I am in my third week. Like you I love chardonnay, and instead of stopping after 1 glass, drank the whole bottle (the biggie), and then passed out. Couldn't remember the last part of the evening. found this site, got the book, cds, all the supps and started the Topa.
        Since I started, I haven't blacked out, haven't gotten drunk, haven't gotten past two glasses of wine. The supps help alot, so does the Topa. I've gone two of the days without drinking anything. (I've been drinking like a fish for over 10-15 years).
        Alot of folks here have started with the abs, I have just started with the moderation, and would like to just get to the point where maybe once in awhile i'll have a glass or two, not every day. Each day, the craving gets a tad less.
        This is what works for me. I don't want to give up my wine completely, but definitly want to cut way down and be able to enjoy the taste, not gulp it down!

Good luck, and go with what works for you. But the program really helps, and so does reading all of the support posts!

Comment

New to the program

you are all inspiring me!

i read your posts and thought "hmm. that's what i want". i posted the "are we functioning alcoholics" post because i do enjoy a drink, and want to continue to, but in moderation, if that's realistic. sometimes i think its not a problem, sometimes i think it is. so it really does work that you just cut back? i absolutely feel the same way that i just want a glass of wine to wind down but too often drink most of the bottle. i would really appreciate if you have the time to read my other post and give me your honest advice/opinion.

Comment

Working...
          X