Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First time here

mims welcome to the train,
    its nice the decision to seek help is from your heart, hence the force will come from within. its not an easier task but you are not the only one in the fight so however harsh it might be remember to hold on,alcohol is very strong" but we can only arrest it we cannot heal from it, but how do we live with it without drinking it.
    you can do it, as the rest say keep posting we are here for one another

Comment

First time here

self esteem

RIPPLE, you have to start with your self esteem. you have purpose, and your child is 1st and foremost. you r here for your child, not al,. i can say that now. but after raising 4 children, the after affects still daunt me. al was fun 4 me, raising kids was not. so of course i chose al many times first. i'm 54 and finally got my last kick in the head 3 wks ago(4th dui). to me this was my wall,AF since, i'm grateful i had not hurt anyone in all those years. but mentally and monetarily, i hurt my family, by not being there 4 them, so many times.we have purpose, and al clouds our vision to see it. you're worth more than this. lets start today, those steps up. you can do this and we will be here to listen. i was amaised to find this site, because i searched the internet for help. this is my everyday task, and i have to be here every day. no question. i wish i could type faster, so i could answer and chat to everyone. so to everyone, hope you find something in my words also. thank you 4 listening:b&d:i choose this one to help me move on. esteem; grab hold of it and hold on. lov, gary.:agreed:
      I'M A GOOD PERSON AND YOU ALSO; ALCOHOL STEALS THAT GOOD FROM US. FOCUS.:goodjob:

Comment

First time here

i guess that my last post is 4 you mimi. duh. but want everyone to get something from it. gary
        I'M A GOOD PERSON AND YOU ALSO; ALCOHOL STEALS THAT GOOD FROM US. FOCUS.:goodjob:

Comment

First time here

Welcome, Miim:

I too am new here. Have had no alcohol in 5.5 days now. It is possible. I did not think I could make it through 2 days. My MO was about 2 bottles of wine a night and needing more and more. I'm in counseling, attend a weekly womens' recovery group and began taking Campral, an anti-craving Rx. It has reduced my cravings by 95%. Yesterday day work I had a craving so strong I was on the verge of leaving the office early to drink. I posted my fear and thoughts and got such great support - I actually made it through.

Welcome, welcome, welcome. It can get better.

Love to you,

Diana

:new:

Comment

Working...
          X