• Time
  • Show
Clear All

AA Daily Message

Anyone wanting a daily message of the AA sort can go here:

Redirecting...

Here's todays, for an example:

Today's thought from Hazelden is:

I hope I shall follow firmness of virtue enough to maintain that I consider the most enviable of all titles - the character of an honest man.
    --George Washington

Happiness in recovery and in society depends on our honesty. We create pain for others, and ourselves, when we are dishonest. True honesty begins within each of us and flows out to touch those around us. If we are to be true to society, and to ourselves, we cannot feel one thing in our hearts and outwardly speak different views.

There is no such thing as too much honesty. When we practice honesty in all our affairs, we discover that the reason for being honest is not because it is expected of us, but because we find that honesty avoids problems and makes our life happier.

When I am honest with myself and others, I am making progress toward greatness of character.
    Noelle sez "Do want you like, like what you do. Life is Good."

AA Daily Message

Good Morning, Noelle & All:

Was very honest with my womens' recovery group last night. Was feeling anxious, scared & angry (about a home situation) at only day 4 AF. I received nothing but support and understanding. It helped a lot.

Hopefully soon my head will clear more and I'll be able to give me great boss (who is also in recovery) a more HONEST days work.

Diana

:new:

Comment

AA Daily Message

Thanks

Thanks Noelle for the message, I think that honesty to myself (about my drinking) is so important for me to kick this thing.................I need to remember where it takes me!!:blush:

love you!!:h:l

MA
      :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

AA Daily Message

I agree with all of this. being honest is sometimes difficult and sometimes embarrassing. but it's better to be honest than to hide or lie just to not go through the pain of being honest.

specially when it comes to booze.

Trix
        You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

AA Daily Message

Does that mean we have to tell our friends and family that we are addicted to the magic juice? Cause I am too chicken shit to do that.

Comment

AA Daily Message

Croft, only you can make that decision.

For me, honesty with myself and others is the cornerstone of my sobriety. I may not always do it perfectly, but as long as I keep working on it I get better and make progress towards being the person that I want to be. It was hard telling my wife and family that I was an alcoholic, but to tell you the truth the only person who didn't realize I had a problem was me!
            Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Comment

AA Daily Message

Croft;285899 wrote: Does that mean we have to tell our friends and family that we are addicted to the magic juice? Cause I am too chicken shit to do that.
              I would only say something if you think it is directly affecting them or making you ill to the point where you are not functioning.

I must agree that going up to family members and saying "hi I am an alcoholic and I am sorry" is a little blunt. Is there a gentler way to say it???????
              You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

AA Daily Message

I've been doing it. Told 4 friends and sister so far. It's not like they didn't know. It gets easier. When it's out there you get support rather than them looking the other way. Good thread Noelle.
                sigpic
                Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

AA Daily Message

hi there..noelle..thank you and so true. it feels so good to be that way for myself and other.thankx for sharing
                  :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                  best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Working...
                  X