Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SUPPORT SEARCH

Hi, All:

I'm halfway into day 5 AF. Campral is helping SO much with cravings. Because I've heard day 5 is the worst just hoping for some comments. Also, a little scared that if I reach this hurdle my mind will want to tell me I'm cured and I'll relapse. Maybe just stating that will help?

Could tell my live-in BF had been drinking last night - it's a miracle that I didn't let that send me to the liquor store.

Comments & suggestions?

:thanks::thanks::thanks:

:new:

Diana

SUPPORT SEARCH

keep yourself busy .drink lots of water, hot tea,soda, and try some hard candy..good luck .and stay strong
    :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
    best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

SUPPORT SEARCH

oh my

Di, my hubby drinks and even when not in front of me I can tell he had been drinking................I have that "radar", you know!?!?! Ask him if he could not drink while w/ you, or do you think that he would not like that (??) I am married, so it is really different. It is tough not to just hit the F*CK IT switch, as I have done SOOOOOOOOOO Many times.........that is why "this time" he (hubby)is trying to help me by not drinking IN FRONT of me.

Good luck, does he live w/ you?? If not that makes it easier................if so, he really should try to help you if he can.............

Just my thoughts cuz this hits so close to my heart.:h

Good luck sweetie!!!

Love,:l

MA
      ps: I take campral this time too, it really helps, trust me!
      :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

SUPPORT SEARCH

Way to go Di!!! Day 4/5 was my worst too. Then I felt better, then another big upswing on day 9/10.

Stay with it. Don't start negotiating with yourself (oh how we love to negotiate!). Go for the 30 days. That's the foundation, whether you're going to mod or go AF. You can absolutely do it. With MWO, all of us, and the campral, you've got a serious tool kit!!

With you all the way!!

WW xx

Comment

SUPPORT SEARCH

Di,

I am "sort of" laughing at Cowgal's response. Sort of.

If your SO doesn't want to help, man, you must do this by yourself.

I, on the other hand have a hubby who has not had a drop to drink since we figured out I am an alcoholic. (Yes, he does love to drink, a whole beer in a week, a Bailey's and Coffee after working his behind off outside, )

I hate to say this BUT... if hubby was drinking daily, so would I. Of course ALOT more than him but...

I am so GRATEFUL I have a hubby of 32+years and a true PARTNER that cares. Many here do not. I do. Unfortunately, AL sneaks up on me and makes me forget our lucky I am.

No, Loved and Lucky.

Darn. If I throw this away, I should be covered in crap.

Love,
          Cindi
          AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Working...
          X