Thank you-! I'm getting ready to start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just wanted to thank everyone for the supportive responses to my post. I am just reading through this community board reading everyone's stories, journeys, ups and downs, and advice and I just feel at "home". Not sure if that makes sense but being able to relate and connect to others like me about this situation is so needed for me. From posts I've read, I see many of others are struggling with weight gain as a result of drinking. For me, it's beyond weight gain at this point- prior to my second pregnancy six years ago, I always struggled with 20 pounds---- now that my alcohol consumption has increased (which leads to more food consumption and becoming more sedentary), I now have at least 80 pounds to lose. Gosh, that is hard to write, type, say, or even think. Yuck.
    Also, a common feeling is the regret we feel concerning our children and what I'm beginning to realize that we can't change the past, only the future. I have not officially started yet, I have read the book and bought many of the supplements, but still waiting on the CDs. I'm concerned because I feel like I'm procrastinating the day to really give it 100% effort to NOT drink. Right now, I am just more aware of my cravings, and trying to limit, or slow down my drinking - which, by the way, is not working out very well. Someone mentioned earlier that it's ok to not be perfect, but the more AF days you string together, the more you will start to break the pattern. But I do want to pick a day to really "START", to give it my all and follow this program. Maybe Monday 3/10?
    Well, I will certainly be around I look forward to getting to know and helping each other....I

:thanks:

Jls10,

I'll be here on 3/10. Okay?

You and I can both do it. Let's just make a pact.

One day. 3/10.

We'll think about 3/11 later.

Okay?
    Love,
    Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

10/3

We do things a bit backwards in Aust.. so I was thinking yeah 3rd of October may be considered procrastinating..... Ohh you mean 10th of March...I'll look out for you. Don't worry about the weight. I too need to loose a lot, about 35 kilos. Which is due to the al. But at the moment my mind needs to loose the al and then things will fall into place. the Al causes the weight gain through calories, and then eating to avoid the depression etc, it is a vicious roller coaster, but lets put the brakes on and get off it... I am only day 4, but feel I can give myself a pat on the back.. I'm not worrying about my weight at the moment, My poor little damaged brain needs to focus on one thing at a time... Good luck see you on the 10th..

Comment

Yes! I would love to...especially if we are accountable to one another. Someone we can be honest with.
        Thank you! Let's do it.

Comment

Truly. I am here for the 10th.

I WILL BE THERE!

Okay, PM me. we are doing the 3/10 for 30 days thing...

Love,
          Cindi
          AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Life---that is too funny...yes, March 10th!
            Alcohol I believe does contribute, if not cause, depression. I began antipdepressants 2 years ago, because I thought I was "depressed". I truly drank more once I began taking them. I stopped about a month ago, and feel much more clear about things. I try not to worry about my weight, but it is so much a part of my self-image. But you are right, it will come as we stop drinking.

Comment

You can do it, sweetie!!

JUW5 Lik3 m3....

I LOv3 you, LUV,

DAMNED COMPUTER IS GETTING THE BEST OF ME....
              AF April 9, 2016

Comment

life,

i so wanted bo be "doipoiplomanic." but that does NOT alawys work

Anything by "ayn rand." because my hubby says "she is stuck capitalism and not for the better good."

Anything my VERY RIGHT WING CONSERVATIVE
                Bye guys,

Too much for Me to digest. and, I truly want the best to win.

Night and good voting. As the mayor of ChigagoLine,,,,,
                Vote.
                Not for SUPER delegates or whatever, h...... "McCain"
                AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Trying to Start

Hi there!

I've been trying to moderate on and off for a few years now (that doesn't sound good does it?). Last year managed to get right down to less than 14 units per week, but find it really hard 'cos I like the taste and enjoy drinking. So far this week have logged 26 units and feel sluggish and yuk today. Every morning I say "never again" and every evening I say "just one won't hurt" but it never is just one.

Anyway deep breath and try and get through to tomorow morning and not feel like today!!

Find all of you a great support.

:thanks:

Comment

I know just how you feel MM, one is never enough for me, like they say in AA if you don't pick up the
                    first drink you won't get drunk, Iv'e said that so many times but still keep drinking. I did not drink yesterday and do not intend to today, and feel so much better for it.

Comment

JLS, Sounds like a good plan to start on the 10th. It really can be hard to get that drive together and just start. You might not want to worry about your weight issues right now. That might be putting way too much on yourself at the same time. Why don't you just focus on not drinking for a month and see how it goes. Think positive- you can do this.
                      It's a long process and it starts with baby steps. Aquamarine
                      NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF YOUR OWN DETERMINATION
                      AF SINCE 3/16/2016

Comment

Thank you for posting... yes, we all have dips and valleys, but we keep trying to at least cut back.

One day hopefully you will be able to stop altogether.

Drinking does increase the food/fat intake. Be good to yourself.

Comment

Working...
                        X