AA speaker meeting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AA speaker meeting

Missed my AA meeting last night. Something came up. There's a speaker meeeting tonight, but I have the black hole panic and wonder if I should go to it or work. Anybody been to one? Think it would be worth it for me?
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

AA speaker meeting

Hi green, I am going to a meeting tonight, I have been to 6 meetings now, I have been made so welcome I feel as though everybody understands, I did feel nervous at first. A speaker meeting
    (I think) is where one person shares all about their problem with AL, but don't worry about having
    to speak that is entirely up to you.
    Best of luck.

Comment

AA speaker meeting

Yikes! Members speak at speaker meetings? I sort of thought somebody stands up there and tells their story kind of thing. I've been to a few meetings and am comfortable. I couldn't help missing last night. But I wonder if I should pay bills or go to this type of meeting.
      sigpic

Comment

AA speaker meeting

The speaker's that I have heard have all been sober for quite a while, they share their story, and then
        other members are invited to speak if they wish. I have not said a word so far, it's a bit like coming to
        MWO, you begin to feel more comfortable as time goes on. I am finding these meetings so beneficial,
        hope you do to.

Comment

AA speaker meeting

hi there..greeneyes.. i would say go to the meeting. the speaker meetings.are for learning.listening, to hear someone else story.and how they were able to make their way out from al...... good luck

PS that black hole will be there when you are done with your meeting
          :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
          best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

AA speaker meeting

green-

I am not currently an AA'r. However ,I did go years ago. I actually liked speaker meetings best. No, you don't have to say a word if you don't want to. But instead of reading from the big book, or reading about steps (both of which I had a hard time with) you listen to someone tell their story...ie. where they were, what happened, and where they are now. Then people share as they wish. I liked these best because I found I could often relate to their story (at least parts of it) and it was always hopeful

Good luck

Beth
            formerly known as bak310

Comment

AA speaker meeting

All the speaker meetings I've been to are very interesting stories told with great humor. Being a speaker is purely a volunteer thing, so don't worry! And the speaker usually talks the whole hour and the time goes by pretty quick because it's so entertaining.
              Noelle sez "Do want you like, like what you do. Life is Good."

Comment

AA speaker meeting

Mornin' Green!

I don't attend AA, but I know speaker meetings are very insightful for those that do attend AA. I would suggest going. I think the more you go the better in the beginning. Make some contacts and stay on your path. You can make decisions on how to vary it later, but in the beginning it is good to have some good consistancy...

MM
                Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

AA speaker meeting

yeah

Green, I have gone to speaker meetings and the speaker usually speaks for the whole meeting..........I can relax and just listen, I would suggest you try it!

love,:h:h
                  MA
                  :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

AA speaker meeting

Thanks. I'll go. My inner voice speaks to me as well. I was disappointed I missed last night. Don't want to wait a week.
                    sigpic

Comment

AA speaker meeting

greeneyes;286342 wrote: Missed my AA meeting last night. Something came up. There's a speaker meeeting tonight, but I have the black hole panic and wonder if I should go to it or work. Anybody been to one? Think it would be worth it for me?
                      I haven't been to a meeting in three weeks... I need to move into a meeting.

Comment

Working...
                      X