Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MADE IT PAST DAY 5!!!!!!!!!YEAH

Good morning everyone:

I didn't think I could do it - and I certainly didn't do it alone. It helped SO much to know days 4-5 AF would be the worst. Yesterday @ work I was about to leave early to drink, felt like I was going to implode!!! Thankfully, I posted my craving feelings and fear and got such supportive feedback. Thanks so much to all. I love it that I can check in here 24/7. I'd determined to make it through my first Friday night - usually my get plowed night!

Thanks to all and WELCOME to my fellow newbies. Hang in there.

Love to all.

Diana

:new:

:thanks::thanks

Di!!!

I am so proud of you! I am sure you woke up feeling so amazing today! Think about how you would have felt had you caved!!

It gets easier from here!

You go girl!!

Beth
    formerly known as bak310

Comment

Di,

Good on you!!!!

You are about to go through a "tough" time and beat it!!! Big time. Throw the gauntlett down and BEAT IT!!!

Not kidding, btw, this weekend is huge for you. Just like me. Sober through a whole weekend!! We can and WILL do this.

Love,
      Cindi
      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Thanks much Beth & tkeene.

tkeene: Your dogs are gorgeous. We're looking to add to our brood, maybe that's what BF and I will do this weekend - and, I'll even be able to awake and garden without feeling like crap.

THANKS!!!

Comment

I'm right there with ya Di! Friday nights were THE night. (even though I was drinking most other nights also) But Friday night it was ok to cut loose! I didn't drink last Friday, but only because I was hungover from drinking all afternon Thursday after my friends funeral. I haven't committed to being AF for a certain amount of time. When I do that I seem to obscess. If I just keep busy, maybe I'll forget what day of the week it is. Won't it feel great to wake up without feeling like shit on the weekend? Thanks for sharing.:thanks:
          The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

good job!

Great going Di, you made it past 5, the weekend, if you are committed and you will just be on your way, YAY!!! :yay:Good job, keep up the good work!:goodjob:

love,:h

MA
            :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

You Go Girl!
              You CAN do this! Weekends are a lot more fun sober! And you don't have to worry about Monday Morning hangover!
              Stay Strong!
              BHOG
              War isn't working. Let's try Peace!

Comment

Thank you everybody!!!

All your support is getting my teary - a good teary.

This site - and you guys - are amazing.

Love,

diana

:new:

Comment

Di...won't it feel so good to wake up Monday morning and have the weekend under your belt?.......Your doing great!!!...Congratulations
                  sobriety date 11-04-07

Comment

Di, wtg!!! You are very strong. Stronger than you know. But you will soon prove it yourself.

As already stated, you are going to feel amazing Monday morning. You will get things done this weekend that you would not do drinking. I don't mean using your weekend to get caught up on housework, either. (Unless, that's what you really want to do). I'm talking about doing anything. Going out shopping, off to movie, going to lunch with (sober) friends. Or make it breakfast and hopefully no one will be drinking at that hour. Do stuff you would not do if you had to stay home and nurse a hangover. Stay busy.

Life is out there waiting for the new Di!!! Go live it!

Love, Me
                    :l
                    Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

Awesome job Di! WTG!

Set the table for your time this weekend. Weekends for me were especially difficult since your schedule tends to be different and it's AL's favorite time to mess with you. Stay focused and stay connected with your support here on the forum. We are here whenever you need someone. :goodjob:
                      Is Addiction Really a Disease?
                      Watch this and find out....
                      http://youtu.be/ekDFv7TTZ4I

Comment

Working...
                      X