X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie from the UK saying Hi

Hello all,

Just a quick note to introduce myself.

I live in the UK, I'm 42 years old and I've been sober for a little over six months after a 25 year drinking "career".

Really looking forward to participating in the forums here, as I've been lurking for a few weeks, and there seems to be a great community here.

Peace and strength to all

ZM

Welcome!! :welcome:

So glad you came on in! 6 months WOW! You probably have so much to add to this community, with all your experience.

It is a great place to be.

I am Beth, 47 (tomorrow) and have been here for almost 2 years. I live in the states.

Nice to meet you!
    formerly known as bak310

Comment

hi there..zenmetal.. welcome glad to meet you .this is a good site for surport .and that is awesome 6 months. keep it up
      :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
      best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

ZenMetal,

:welcome:

It is great to have someone join who has 6 months AF under their belt. Wow!!

Glad you are here.

Cindi
        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Zen metal....6 months, what an inspiration! Hope your posts will inspire me to be as successful as you are! This is an awesome place with incredible people.

Beth...happy birthday tomorrow!

Comment

Wow! Thank you for the welcomes!

As for the six months - I am *far* from an expert, but I can honestly say it gets easier with time. In many respects, *not* drinking becomes the habit, and I say that with all humility, because I'm well aware that one drink will undo everything....

I'm really looking forward to corresponding

Peace & strength,

ZM

Comment

Hi Zen and a big welcome to you. You say you have been lurking so I assume you have found your way round the site and have been reading the posts, this place really is addictive and the support and advice you won't find anywhere else. Looking forward to hearing more about you.

Lx
              Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

Hi ZM, :welcome:

I'm in the UK also, its lovely to have more of us here ...........

Please keep us updated with you already good progress ..........

Love & Hugs, BB xx
                sigpicXXX

Comment

Hi ZM!

Welcome to the forum and well done on 6 months sober! Something I haven't achieved yet as still trying to learn how to LIVE sober again. giving up is the easy part I think or it was for me anyway!!

Love and Happiness
                  Hippie
                  xx
                  "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
                  Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

Hi Zen and Welcome! Six months...what an awesome achievement! Stick around with us!
                    When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.
                    -- Franklin D Roosevelt --

Comment

Working...
                    X