Gastro bypass takers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gastro bypass takers?

Anyone in here that has a rouh n y gastric exclusion? Or stomach bypass surgery?

I have 10 years ago.....just curious.

Gastro bypass takers?

I had Roux En Y eight years ago. There are a few of us on here who have shared the experience.

A lot of research out there on alcoholism post-bypass. I know I am living proof of how easily it seemed to take over my life.

PM me if you want to discuss privately.

- Masq
    Courage is fear that has said its prayers. - Karl Barth
    :wings: :huggy

Comment

Gastro bypass takers?

me too.....I have kept most of the weight off, but the alcohol went down easy.

Comment

Gastro bypass takers?

I'm four years out of a different type of gastrc bypass (a modified billroth). I lost 120 lbs. I was doing okay until my daughter was hit by a drunk driver (ironic huh?) and became an amputee. The stress was just too much and the wine seems to numb the pain and stress. If I could eat, I would probably do that instead - my former response to stress.

I bought the CDs and the supplements - but when I was taking them I got hives. I have taken some of those supplements previously and didn't have a problem so I don't know if it was the gaba or what. In short, I'm not doing very well at getting AF.

Anyone have any suggestions? I didn't buy the book. Is it REALLy helpful?

Thanks,
        T.
        Bunnie aka Time

Comment

Gastro bypass takers?

time so sorry about your daughter, that sounds awful.
          I think the book is really important to read, it's a guide and reference too. good luck with your battle
          You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

Gastro bypass takers?

I am post RNY gastric bypass and suffer from addiction transfer as well. I have tried moderation but failed and I think it was worse when I was under more stress. I am doing better after removing the stressful situations (ie. my mother and my 21 year old pregnant daughter) from my house. Seems like I can actually have 3-4 and stop and not do it everyday. Was never able to do that while they were living with me!!

Good luck! You are not alone!!
            Gina

Comment

Working...
            X