ODAT - Monday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODAT - Monday

Morning all. I'm up a bit late today so a late start to the thread. Had some recent very early mornings, long days etc and it's catching up with me. That and the couple of enormous gin and tonics I had last night....:upset: Can't seem to keep hold of my resolve during the evening at the moment. That's why I am back with ODAT though (and OMAT and OSAT!!) Think I may try going on chat tonight if I am struggling. But my intention for today is not to drink. I need some more zeros badly.

Don't think I'll be riding today - would probably get blown off! It's a bit breezy here in the UK!!

Hope the piglets don't choose today to put in an appearance either - it's strictly an indoor day! I've got a friend coming over to help me stain and wax some pine furniture that we have got in the barn conversion holiday let that we have been working on for the last year! Less than 4 weeks to go before our first paying guests and it's quite a way off being ready...... I'm definitely feeling the stress! But it really will be lovely when it is finished. I've got every week bar two booked from 5 April to the beginning of October so my Saturdays won't be my own (changeover day) for a while!! Still, the money will be coming in and that's what counts!

Anyway, that's enough. I've got to tie my hat on and get out there and do the animals. Doubt I'll see many of the chickens. They stay in their house when it's like this.

Hope you all have great days.

Bessie xx

ODAT - Monday

Hi everyone,

8th day AF (except for one glass of wine)... Am feeling better, so much clearer in head. Was tempted earlier tonight when went for a walk, but resisted. Just. Funny though, as i turned to walk away, i got the feeling that i wouldn't miss it at all which is good, because i need a clear head at the moment.

Good luck with the business Bessie!

Just getting ready for a nice evening walk, can't wait

See you all at some later stage,

Change
    One day at a time.. Sometimes it's one minute or one second at a time.. Most important thing is to look ahead and don't look back!

Comment

ODAT - Monday

Hi all, it's a bit blustery here this morning and the tv is saying that there are bad storms down south so hope anyone there is okay. Struggled like hell yesterday for no particular reason I can think of, got through it though but very worried as am off work this week also and hope the dreaded craving goes to hell.... jeez, just when i was thinking how easier it was getting. Have a great day all to come.

Lxx
      Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

ODAT - Monday

Happy Monday!

I am going to the new england flower show today, that is a great mood lifter! It always smells so green there and I have $50 that I haven't spent on booze recently(it's probably a short estimate) to blow on something - I'm thinking of some sort of garden art that will be symbolic of the effort to date.
        a pink elephant? lol

continue to fight the fight everyone
        The untold want, by life and land ne?er granted,
        Now, Voyager, sail thou forth, to seek and find.

W Whitman

90+ days yay!

Comment

ODAT - Monday

Morning all
          Bessie, I sure know those evening urges... I call them the "ahhhhh" moments, finally finishing up a long day ( and it sure seems like you have a lot of them!!! ), sitting back with a cool drink. Glad to have you back here on ODAT..

Change, Tea and Cat......sounds like everyone is doing well..keep working towards yor goals...do whatever it takes to fight those urges...

Everyone to follow, have a good day
          sobriety date 11-04-07

Comment

ODAT - Monday

marvelous Monday!

Good morning, made it through the weekend, so on day 22..........was tough, but bit the bullet and got through it.............

Bessie, thanks for starting the thread, good on trying to get back on track! Hold onto your hat, we had a VERY windy day Sat, and "indoor day" if there ever was one!! Got alot of work done on my painting, so that was a bonus.

Change, great job on 8 days.........keep on truckin'!!
            Tea, good luck on your week off, try to stay busy, that is my crutch, it seems so easy at times, then I get those "thoughts" and I can just taste the beer, scarey!!
            Charlee, thanks for all the words of encouragement.
            Disapprovingcat, that is a great idea to reward yourself with something other than AL!

everyone have an awesome day!!

lots of love,:h:l

MA
            :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

ODAT - Monday

Good morning ODATers!!

Made it through day 2 completely AF and will make it yet again another day.

Onwards and upwards!!

Bessie, if you need to chat to get through, just let us know. Someone will jump into chat with you. It can make the time go by and really helps.

Going to go take my GABA, wait, eat some breakfast and take my Chantix (hurts tummy without food) and Campral. Wait an hour and take my AllOne and the rest of the supps. Geez. Just keeping up with all this makes my head spin.

Love to all,
              Cindi
              AF April 9, 2016

Comment

ODAT - Monday

Good morning. I hope everyone has a great day.
                Goal 1: Today
                Goal 2: Tomorrow

Comment

ODAT - Monday

Hello Team ODAT!
                  Hope eveone has a rockin Monday.

Cowgal and Change - way to go!!! :wd:

xxoo
                  Laura
                  ~Laura

Insanity
                  : doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results................... Albert Einstein

Comment

ODAT - Monday

I'm struggling again - drank a bottle of wine last night for no apparent reason! I was in a good mood, nothing upsetting me...and yet......AL called...

It's that being alone at night thing - that's my trigger - I need some help with that one guys - once my daughter goes to bed it becomes habit - open the wine and relax...I need to get that out of my head.

AAAUUUUUUGGGGGGHHHH

Sorry, just feeling frustrated today.
                    Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
                    :h

Comment

ODAT - Monday

Hi everyone, just thought I would pop in before I go to the dentist, I have had toothache all the weekend. I'm actually looking foreward to going, as the pain is so bad.
                      Know just how you feel Universal I have done the same thing repeatedly
                      Paula.

Comment

ODAT - Monday

hey

Hi there Cindi, sounds like you have a game plan, great job, day 2.........w/ your tools you will go far, I am on Campral, think it has helped tremendously now that I am AF........

Lukalee, hi, hope you are doing well today!

Laura, thanks for the support, hope you are fine too!!

Uni, sorry you slipped yesterday, maybe try chat while you feel the urge?? someone may be able to talk you out of it?? Just thinking of something that could help!

Everyone else, have a great day............................

love,

MA

Comment

ODAT - Monday

hi

Paula, sorry we were probably posting at the same time, hope your tooth is better!!

MA

Comment

ODAT - Monday

Good morning everyone! So far it looks like a beautiful day--I hope I get used to this time change soon, the first couple of days are a killer. Starting the week off ODAT! No beer--No Cigarettes!!!!Good luck everyone!! (and thanks always for all the support):thanks:
                            The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

ODAT - Monday

Good Day All
                              Uni, I hear you. I'm struggling again and also drank a bottle of wine last night while watching a movie. I'm upset with myself but I'll just keep trying. Nighttime is the worse for me and it's so cold and windy here in the northeast that going for a walk is not an option. Today I will not drink.
                              I hope everyone has a great week.
                              When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.
                              -- Franklin D Roosevelt --

Comment

Working...
                              X