Hello everyone!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello everyone!

Hello - everyone. Today is my first full day of not drinking. Wish me luck. I'm a little dizzy though. Guess thats a side effect.:new:

Hello everyone!

Raregal,

:welcome:

I have no idea how much you have been drinking or for how long. If it is a lot, withdrawals CAN be dangerous. There is a link at the top of the website that directs you to what to look for and when to seek professional help.

Okay, that aside, just being careful so you don't hurt yourself.

:goodjob: on first day AF. The first step is the biggest!!

I am still a bit dizzy on day 3. Having gone for some longer periods, I can say that day 4 and 5 are the "hump" days and by day 10 you are COMPLETELY out of the woods for physical withdrawals. Believe me the days go by fast if you just stick to them!!

Best of luck and very glad you are here.
    Cindi

This time is going to be my last time!!! Whew!!
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Hello everyone!

Hi raregal! Welcome and I'm wishing you luck!
      Noelle sez "Do want you like, like what you do. Life is Good."

Comment

Hello everyone!

Hi raregal and welcome, I"m on day 6 and I can agree with Cindi, yesterday (day 5) the cravings were horrible, I really wanted a drink.....maybe as a "atta girl" for doing 4 days? I dunno but I weathered it out by staying on this site reading and now am on day 6. You'll find a lot of support on this site.

Comment

Hello everyone!

Hang in there RG, and I'll hang in there with you.
          I'm also a newbie and stumbling in the dark.

Comment

Hello everyone!

Welcome Raregal!
            I'm new and struggling also but have found alot of support here.
            Bravo on day 1 AF!!:applaud:
            When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.
            -- Franklin D Roosevelt --

Comment

Hello everyone!

Welcome Raregal, and I'm right there with ya! Yesterday was my first day AF, today went pretty well but I did have 2 glasses of wine, which believe me, in my book is a major victory. I'm taking Campral which seems to be helping so far. Looking forward to day 10 as another poster mentioned. Keep checking in, it's good to know that we are in this journey together. --Jess

Comment

Hello everyone!

Hello and Welcome

Welcome raregirl, the first day is the scariest, usually because the drinking is such an entrenched habit. Be gentle with yourself on day one. Keep up the good work. Aunty Vic

Comment

Hello everyone!

good luck...I have decided to stop also and I going to try campral to help me for awhile

Comment

Hello everyone!

good luck

Comment

Hello everyone!

I am happy to see all of you newbies on the site! :welcome: whether we are oldies or newbies we all struggle with drinking issues and can all gain strength from each other. Stick around and post, go into chat if you need some real time support from others who understand.
                      The more we appreciate life, the more life appreciates and bestows us with more goodness.

Comment

Working...
                      X