That was my last mouthful

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to here a few days ago :new: I have been gearing myself up to that 'last mouthful'. I have ordered the starter pack, but probably won't arrive for a few weeks, and can't get Kudzu here, but have armed myself with many of the other supps. Have consumed all 'poison' in house, so hopefully I now have the strength to be AF from now on. Words of encouragement greatly appreciated.

Welcome

Aysha - it takes great courage - to step out into the unknown - but as you will find here - many have gone before you - welcome! You can kick this habit to the curb - you have made the first important step! Congrats!
    Liv
    AF since Jan. 1, 2008 .... It all began right here

Raise your hopeful voice, you have a choice, you made it now.

(from the Movie "Once")

Comment

hi there..aysha..welcome and glad to meet you.. well you have done the right by getting rid of all the al from your house .so read alot and post any or all of your questions. keep yourself busy and drink alot of water. and good luck
      :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
      best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Hi there Aysha, well, it sounds like you have already made a plan and implimented it! Good job!
        We are here to support you! Welcome!

KateH
        A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Hi Aysha. Sounds like you've made a good start. Stay with us and good luck!
          Noelle sez "Do want you like, like what you do. Life is Good."

Comment

Welcome

:welcome:
            Glad you are here!
            Great job on your commitment to stop drinking. You might need a plan for "what to do instead" until the "habit" part is broken. Suggestions include: drinking losts of water; finding a replacement beverage or two that you would enjoy (like lemonade, soda, seltzer and cranberry, AF beer, tomato juice etc etc) in case you feel the need for a beverage, you have an alternative.

Also plan activities to make the most of your new found time: One MWO person has worked on models, others read, write, draw, do crafts, talk to friends, post on MWO (be careful, it's addicting!! :-))

Have you ordered or downloaded the book? It's a quick but inspiring read.

Best of the best to you. Looking forward to hearing more from you.
            Fondly
            AFH

Comment

As you said Aysha,
              the stuff is poison....we wouldn't drink bleach would we?
              Janola - do they still make that over there in kiwiland?
              You are right though, don't have it in the house with you and you will be less likely to drink.
              x
              Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

Thanks everyone

At this stage I think the hardest part for me will be not buying 'AL'. Any hints on how to get thru the supermarket, how to drive past a store without feeling the need to stop. Anything, thoughts, appreciated.

Amelia - we still do have Janola - thanks - I might mentally work on projecting an image of Janola on every bottle of wine, every liquor store sign in town. Will spend a few hours meditating on that and let you know how it goes - good idea.

Thanks

Comment

Well done for preparing yourself so well for this,you really deserve success.
                  Best wishes elsie17

Comment

Aysha, Welcome!
                    Happy to meet you and glad you have made the commitment to quit. It is a hard struggle and for me, I just have to take it one day at a time. To get by the 'drinking hour' I drink a glass of seltzer and then some herbal tea. I keep myself busy by reading and I like to do crafts. Anything to keep yourself occupied is a help.
                    I wish you the best and hope you have a wonderful journey. You will love it here.
                    :wd:
                    When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.
                    -- Franklin D Roosevelt --

Comment

Aysha,
                      As someone else has already posted, this place can become an addiction in and of itself, but it is very much a "good" addiction! It certainly has helped me overcome my affair with ALice! I found part of my trigger was coming home and fixing a cocktail..so I have substituted cranberry juice and soda, that way I have a drink in my hand when watching the news and it is a healty one at that! I'm much less likely to curse at the newscasters that way!
                      As you make this journey, come back here often! Post, read, get in the chat room..lotrs of things to keep you busy. If you had hobbies before, consider them again, or find new ones! Don't worry, we all have been or are where you are right now! And this site is wonderful for the support and encouragment we all need to control AL in our lives!
                      :welcome: and I hope to get to know you better.
                      Stay Strong
                      BHOG
                      War isn't working. Let's try Peace!

Comment

Aysha,

You're making one of the best decisions of your life I know that sounds like a cliche, but it's 100% true.

Let us know how you're getting on.

Peace & strength,

ZM

Comment

Good luck Aysha,
                          Sometimes I have to take it one hour at a time.
                          Keep up the good work and keep coming back here.. "keep coming back it pays" now where have I heard that before?

Comment

Funny - I too drank the house dry, rather than dump it before I started my new regimine.

Good luck to you!!

Keep us posted!

Comment

Working...
                            X