hi :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi :)

i just thought i would introduce myself, i came about to this forum because i found it in my favs for some reason. so anyway thought i would join.

i will say im a alcoholic and been sober for only 12 days. but more to come

anyway hi to everyone. hope to see u around.

hi

Hello BB,

12 days is a huge start and no easy task! Nice job. I'd like to hear what has been helping you through these past 12 days or anything else you may share. Take care.
    Is Addiction Really a Disease?
    Watch this and find out....
    http://youtu.be/ekDFv7TTZ4I

Comment

hi

Welcome BB, 12 days id great, more than I've accomplished in a row. Keep posting and sharing.

Comment

hi

just to say hi,,, well done for 12 days
        there is no shame in losing a fight,, only in winning

Comment

hi

Welcome Barebones
          Glad you decided to drop by and join us. Awesome on the 12 AF!! Woweeeee!!
          All the best!
          When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.
          -- Franklin D Roosevelt --

Comment

hi

Hey barebones,
            Welcome:welcome:
            And well done on your 12 days so far. You must be feeling pretty good?
            Looking forward to seeing you around.
            xx
            Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

hi

Well done barebones
              Love,
              John S.

Comment

hi

Hey Barebones,

Good to have you here 12 days is great. Well done!

ZM

Comment

hi

hi there..barebone.welcome. glad to meet you and you are on your way 12 days that is awesome.
                  keep it up.
                  :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                  best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

hi

Hi barebones. Twelve days is certainly nothing to sneeze at. Congrats!
                    Noelle sez "Do want you like, like what you do. Life is Good."

Comment

hi

barebones!
                      :welcome::goodjob: on 12 days sober! The first ones are the hardest, I think; I know they were for me. This site is great! Good support, lots of nice people, plenty to read and catch up on and find out you are not alone and there are options out there to explore if you needd assistance staying sober!
                      Hope to get to know you better!
                      Stay Strong!
                      BHOG
                      War isn't working. Let's try Peace!

Comment

hi

thanks everyone for all ur kind words and welcomes.

i was wrong i thought it was the 12th when i joined lol it was the 11th but that dont matter as im now 13 days sober. hehe

how i do it somone asked.

from 2nd of jan i had to do somthing about my drinking as it effected my family very badly over xmas and new year. so i decided enough was enough. so i started to try to cut down, oh as usual alcoholics at first think they can cut down doh, but i tried. it got steadly worse and then after months of thinking about this is that i decided to go to AA. so went there and i felt really welcome. i then went to docs and he gave me campral to help with cravings. from then on i was able to cut down to 2 times at the worst was 4 times a week. this went on for 6 weeks, and i kept on going to AA meetings which i went to 4 of them. they didnt judge me for only cutting down in that time. so i kept on going and listened. so i guess 1st of march was a crntch point that really my drinking would of just got worse and i was upsetting people while i was drinking, so nothing had change in all that time from 2nd jan. so on the 1st i decided and i was determined in doing this. so i just carried on and took a day at a time. and here i am.

im sure there is a forum i could share more about my drinking and i hope it helps others. but i do understand the struggle in stopping.

so anyway. hope to see u all about.

take care all

Comment

hi

Thanks for sharing, Barebones, and what a cute dog!

You are right, it is a struggle to stop, but it sounds like you've surrounded yourself with some successful ideas- AA, doctor advice, and this forum. There is also a chat part on here, so if you ever need someone to "talk" to, we are here.

Welcome! Congrats again on your determination- one day at a time! :l

Patty
                          Tampa, FL

Comment

Working...
                          X