Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How ya doin hoodia and lluf?

Hi Gabby
    I managed not to drink on thursday but slipped up next night. I'v started the supps though so i'm getting geared up for monday as well. I'm so glad i'v found this site. the support is great. THANKS. I don't think i will be able to mod as i tried that on thurs. I have a couple of nights out coming up that i can't get out of and will be expected to be as merry as everyone else ( drunk ) I don't know how i will fair up as i said i don't think i could mod. I would love to go back to the old days when i only drank when i went out but that i think could be a long way off.
    Thanks again for all the support

lluf

Comment

me too

Luff

Looks like we can both shoot for Monday! At least we are rational about it and I am not beating myself up about it (for a change). We are not bad people! I just can't wait and may try to start on Sunday (or tomorrow, who knows?) At least we have this program (and eachother):happy to help...... Hang in there, I haven't even tried anything w/ the meds yet (just some of the supps) so can't wait to receive the topa.

Talk to you soon,

Mary Anne:d

Comment

Re: me too

Hi Mary Anne
        I'm feeling very good about this.I'm not to sure about the topa though. I'v beed on lots anti-deps and had all the side effects you could think of. Im' taking the glutamine and kudzu. I'v read some of the boards and pleased to see that some people said it worked for them. So i'm hoping i won't need to take topa but if the worst comes to the worst i'll give it a go.This is the kind of support we both need, don't you think? never thought i would ever feel good about giving up the grog. good luck for tomorrow or monday. keep posting and let me know how you fair up
        lluf

Comment

Re: me too

Well, just got home from dinner and am eating and drinking everything in sight!! this new antidepressant!! Serequel! I rad that it increased the appetite, but thought "hog-wash!" well, it is true, I have eaten more today than I did last week ..all week!!

I can't wait to give the topa a try, hopefully it works or it is back to try AA for me...........I am that hopeless at this point.

I have heard it works for many on this program, so hopefully it works for me too..only tome will tell, han in there!!

Mary Anne

PS:let's shoot for monday!!

Keep in touch!

Comment

you guys

lluf and MaryAnne,
            Good u two are talkin. Either way with or without topa....how ever you make it work, just important that ya get to a comfortable place for you. You both seem excited. Sounds happy, like hearin that. I hope good for you both. MaryAnne....ya , gotta watch those antidepressants. They will help ya gain. I take prozac. I think it hasnt been to brutal on me. Well....look forward to hearin from both of you. happy weekend, gabby

Comment

Re: you guys

Thanks for the support AGAIN!! Happy weekend to you also.
              Yeah, I don't think I will take the serequel anymore!! Good thing I didn't pay $136 for it like I did the topa.hope it works....just got word from the pharmacy that it was sent out yesterday! I am looking forward to starting it and hope it works to deter my love for alcohol.......Keep in touch and I will do the same.....it was a great birthday after all, happiest day of the year, huh??? that is cool!!

Mary Anne:h :lol

Comment

Working...
              X