Boredom?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boredom?

where you from Daisy? what supps do you take?
    Seashell X

Comment

Boredom?

Seashell;289791 wrote: Sad because i find it so had to kick this and it makes me mad that it has this control over me.Also the mother in law is coming to stay for 2 weeks !! Savon shell we try together cant promise anything and you have a day start on me?
      Hi Seashell - I was writing my post when you were writing yours & didn't see it. Hope you get along with your mother-in-law... As far as quitting together, I haven't had much luck with that when I've tried quitting smoking (my other demon!). But I'll surely keep my eye out for you and will be wishing you good luck!!

As Zen said, so much is just plain habit, too. Being off work, I got in the habit of drinking Early in the day. That way, I'd be done by early PM and avoided hangover!! So my thing will be just making it through that first part of the day. Of course, I skipped breakfast... I'm going to try to replace the drinking habit with an Eating habit. I've lost a lot of weight, so I could stand to put on a few lbs.

Well, this all sounds good on paper!! :crazymonkey:
      Sometimes you have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down... Anais Nin

Comment

Boredom?

daisy-doo;289806 wrote: I think saxon is from america or canada as he she used the $ sign a true brit would use ? sign ! god i should be a dectective lol
        Time shows correctly on my computer, so I'm not sure why it's not showing right for you all... I'm in Florida, btw, near Tampa.
        Sometimes you have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down... Anais Nin

Comment

Boredom?

I am in the uk seashell I take topamax kuduza st johns wort and ( hrt from the doctor) all the other stuuf i get online and from the health food shop , there is a thered on there somewhere that i wrote about getting the kuduzu from the heath food shop and making up a mother in law you having you m i l coming to stay made me think of it you might make you smile .have been taking the topa for two weeks had made such a differance but had to change my mid set has taken quite a while .Did get the book and cd's some time ago but my boyfrind does not know about allthis so makes it difficult to do all that its all a bit of a secret so on here is ny only support really thats why i post quite a lot when i can .I want to write a thread excuces i have used over the used to have a drink there have been many years and many excuses, where you from ? are you on anything ?

Comment

Boredom?

is it morning where you are it is 11pm here so if you get through today you have 1 day on me how long has it been since your last drink? If its not that long then dont worry just start again. YOU CAN DO IT :goodjob:
            Seashell X

Comment

Boredom?

I think it was about 9-10 this morning when I had last drink... Nothing in house to drink & I'm NOT going to go buy anything!!

Thanks for encouragement. I'll at least make it through the rest of day!

Comment

Boredom?

Daisy

sounds much the same my partner doesn't no much and I am taking supps from MWO etc I am also from the UK nice to no this problem is world wide!!!
                Seashell X

Comment

Boredom?

what time is it now savan how much money have you saved today (no need to answer that just a thought for you) if you manage not to drink to morrow how much will that be and the next day etc what are you going to do with the money you are saving pay off a dept ? treat your self?
                  Seashell X

Comment

Boredom?

OK - so I made it thru Most of yesterday.. feelin' good, etc. Made plans for today.

Then got (and took!) phone call from ex-bf which upset me somewhat. Of course, I used that as an excuse to buy bottle of wine.

UGH. I guess this is harder than I thought...

I don't plan on getting drunk, just "happy" (as I call it). Yet, I got call from potential employer a bit ago and am concerned about calling back in case I don't sound Perfect.

This is Pitiful. Why do some ppl have willpower and others don't? I thought today that the more you "give in" to your desires/whatever, the easier it is to continue to do. Catch-22.

Hope you all have a better day than I'm having!!! (Altho' it's not in the toilet... yet!)

Comment

Boredom?

Hope it is okay to jump in here!

Savon, I am just like you. I can do good for awhile and then I make any old excuse and cave....then the whole process starts over again! When I gave in then it was much easier to just keep giving in.

When does the cycle end? ----
                      I suppose when I am ready to just say "no" and quit the daily, drinking at home cycle!

Thanks for the thread.....I too drink out of bordem and habit!

Savon: Drink some coffee and get something to eat and call them back in a couple of hours. Sounds like you could use the job both for the money and bordem factor! Good luck to you!

Have a great day all.
                      Hugs, Bambi
                      "When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable." -- Walt Disney

Comment

Boredom?

Hi savon19,

I am new here today - first post. I have not actually started the My Way Out program yet but I am about to order the book etc., would prefer to do it without the medication though.
                        The most I have ever done AF in the last 10 years or so is about 4 days and that was only cause I was in hospital - how bad is that - other than that the most I have managed is 3 days/nights through my own efforts.

What a weekend to pick! - I live in Ireland (where booze is a national pastime) and it is the St. Patrick's Festival weekend coming up - a national excuse to wear green, stick a big lump of shamrock on your top and drink from morning until night!

My aim is to try and do the 30 day thing AF and then try to go moderate but I am already freaking at the prospect of it just on DAY ONE!.

I know what you mean about the boredom thing and I know exactly what you mean about thinking that drinking while doing the boring things actually makes it any different, weird isn't it. For example I feel strange just sitting down to work on the computer at night or watch a movie without a glass of wine in my hand.

I was working full-time up until about eight months ago and used to head straight for the wine bottle as soon as I got home but I gave up work to look after my kids and now I am at home most days and bored out of my tree. I do some work but most of this is on the computer so solitary and boring stuff. I also find I get really irritable with the kids (they are only 5 & 3 so not fair on them although they are hard work!) and the only thing that keeps me going is the prospect of a few glasses of wine after they go to bed - now I won't even have that.

My husband and I have just developed this habit over the last few years of drinking most nights, usually a bottle of wine and a few beers, sometimes opening a second bottle - stress relief after the working day is over and the kids are in bed. Sometimes at the weekend we start in the afternoon. We would both love to be moderate drinkers and keep it to a few glasses at the weekend or whatever but guess what - this never happens no matter how many times I promise myself. My husband usually has better willpower than me and I feel guilty because it is usually me that gives in first and one of us ends up and going to buy stuff from the shops.

Anyway, sorry for rambling on - just trying to keep sane - it is around this time onwards in the evening that I start thinking about it most and really feeling the need for a drink.

Good luck with your own day and to all out there. All advice welcome!
                        Bandit
                        There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning.

Comment

Boredom?

Bambi & Bandit... Great replies. At least I know I'm not alone in my.. weirdness!! HAHA.

I guess we could say that we're in the Learning stage? Boy - although I'm not sure I really want to know! To know that I cave so easily... is not so good.

But, in my defense, it really has been a stressful time for me. (OK - is anyone buying that?? ) But, it's TRUE. The difference is that ppl who don't resort to drinking to make themselves feel better when stressed have somehow found other more healthful ways... WHERE DID WE GO WRONG?

Sometimes I feel like a spoiled brat/baby. "Adults" know how to deal with their emotions/stress/problems... but I run under covers (well, or to alcohol).

It's this rotten cycle: you feel bad (for some reason), you drink... then you feel bad that you drank... so you drink. It seems so easy to fix when you write it down, but in reality, not so much.

Waaaaa.

Comment

Working...
                          X