sick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sick

I have been af for 13 days.....I started taking the kudzu on Monday, taking the SAMe along with milkthistle.

I felt terrible the last two days! I decided not to take anything last night nor this morning and I feel better.

What's up with that? I've ordered topamax and I am afraid to take it?

My eyes feel swollen in the morning and my stomach has been upset. Is this a withdrawal effect? I've never had any physical problems associated with stopping drinking in the past. Has it just caught up with me?

I don't take drugs, not even aspirin.....anybody have any thoughts, please post.....

sick

Steer64,

You might want to add one back in at a time to see which supp is causing the problem.

Hope you feel better.

Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

sick

Steer, I agree with Cindi. Sounds like a reaction to something.

I've read that the SAM-e can have some side effects, but I'm not saying that's the problem. Also, the milk thistle cleans the liver. Your body may just being trying to purge some stuff and these side effects may subside.

I hope you feel better soon. Let us know how you make out. Take care.

Love, Me
      :l
      Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

sick

Steer64,
        I had a really bad allergic reaction when I took some ordinary vitamin B tablets. I think we tend to assume these various supps & vits are good for all of us and not harmful to anyone, and that's not necessarily the case.
        Congrats on the AF days.
        sigpic
        AF since December 22nd 2008
        Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

sick

Hi, yeah I would just try and really flush your system through! Loads of water, then try reintroducing supps etc one at a time. Milk thistle made me feel really sick so didn't take again.

You're doing really well - RESPECT!!!

Comment

sick

13 days!!!
            :goodjob:

Laura
            ~Laura

Insanity
            : doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results................... Albert Einstein

Comment

sick

morning steer.
              Great job on 13 days! WOW, well done!
              As for the supps, I know if I take too much L-Glut, I feel barfy...I haven't received my Kudzu yet (c'mon postman!)...so I don't have any comparrosin.

I do agree with the others..add one at a time back, and see what happens. Also drink water water water, to flush and purge!

I will keep you in my thoughts,
              Love and hugs,
              K
              Striving to live life without ALCOHOL

Comment

sick

better

Today is St. Patty's day, and no green beer!!!! I stopped taking everything over the weekend and feel better. Last night I took my thistle..... and will attempt the rest of the supp's one at a time......
                Socially I really wanted to drink last night.....not physically......I'm okay today.....I'm making a diet sprite with green food coloring in it for tonight.....

Comment

sick

When I quit drinking I was pretty sick after about 2 weeks. Actually, I have been sick a lot this year! I was never sick when I drank. I know it is stupid to even say it, but it is true. I think our bodies are purging out the crap.

Drink lots of water and if it is the supplements making you ill, just rule out one at a time.

Comment

Working...
                  X