Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A word about the DRAMA

Cindi?

was just getting ready to reply when i saw your last post?what do you mean?Are you ok?
    :lRebecca

Comment

A word about the DRAMA

Cindi, why do you need help????

Lushy, I agree with you, you were attacked unfairly ...

Just voicing my opinion .......
      sigpicXXX

Comment

A word about the DRAMA

I agree with you Lushy. There is a big difference.

Comment

A word about the DRAMA

I am sorry,is anybody else worried?I don't mean to be a mom here...
          :lRebecca

Comment

A word about the DRAMA

Not sure the issue is about posting drunk. Seems like the issue is about posting mean (sober or drunk) it just obviously happens more so drunk. I know some people feel that the posts should be blown off because the poster is in a bad place when they post. But we are not seeing the ones the are more hurtful that are being sent as PMs. Nasty posts that are causing others pain enough to drink. Repeatedly and not just the last few weeks. Where's the compassion for the people who keep being attacked because they won't conform to the way others want them to think? Wow, I thought everyone's opinion and feelings mattered here.

We can't hold one person's health in a higher priority if several others are being hurt and their health is being affected to. Where's the justice in that? Don't we as a community have a certain "responsibilty" to help everyone?

I know some of you are hurting for your friend. It's such a sad situation. But please, just try to be opened minded enough to see the big picture here. Don't assume if a post doesn't bother you, that it shouldn't bother anyone else. That's not very fair to all parties involved. Everyone here hurts and everyone has feelings. This constintly putting one person's feelings above so many others is what's causing a lot of drama.

Peace to you all. God, I hope I could shed some light w/o causing more friction.

Love, Me
            :l
            Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

A word about the DRAMA

Thankful you are right,

Friction is the last thing that we want here, I am starting to make enemies of friends just by sticking up for people that I care about ........

It's not a nice place to be so I will walk away ....
              sigpicXXX

Comment

A word about the DRAMA

BB, you are not making enemies. At least not w/me I hope. See how this plays out though? Why is someone else's opinion simply not chalked up to them having a right to an opinion? I respect others opinions.

Do you want to walk because I asked that people take into consideration that other's have feelings too? I don't want to assume, so please correct me if I'm wrong. I'm a bit confused.

Love, Me

Comment

A word about the DRAMA

Cindi, are you ok, hun?

Please let us know what you mean by "help"!!

Love, Me

Comment

A word about the DRAMA

I think there is a big difference in 'supporting' people you care about and 'sticking up' for them in this case, BB. These members attacked other members here. Condoning that type of behavior is not right.

I know you deeply care about Jay. He is very lucky to have you in his corner. But you have to admit that his behaviour was going a bit far for some of us. He totally took some stuff out of context and delivered angry posts, and PM's not only to myself, but to others here. For over a year, he has been coming to the board drunk and has been seeking support and in return has not offered any to any one else.

LUV - she is hurting VERY badly.... on a severe binge at the moment. She has received nothing but support. When she started to attack others, that was it for them. No one deserves to be kicked in the mouth for offering nothing but compassion and trying to help her.

Alcohol is a nasty thing. We all wouldn't be here if it weren't. We can only take so much, and sometimes, these people need 'tough love' in order to get their shit together.

Comment

A word about the DRAMA

Thankful,

I'm worried about Cindi too, just to clarify I didn't mean to walk away from the site, just this particular debate, I am really close to Jay, we talk on the phone regularly and I know that he isn't the person that people see here ......... so I'm not the best person to get involved ......
                      sigpicXXX

Comment

A word about the DRAMA

BB ~ thank you so much for clarifying that. I was worried.

It's just that I have rec'd so many PMs since yesterday of people thanking me for "being their voice" because they are afraid of defending themselves and being attacked by others.
                        Then today, I get another PM from a very dear person who says they can't take it anymore and is also leaving this site. I will not out them, so please, no one ask me who it was. First Satori and now this other person who I hold so dear. Thought you were leaving too.

These people can't see how many people they are hurting and it's very, very sad. My heart aches for so many (including all the newbies walking into all this crap).

Thanks again for clearing that up.

Love, Me

Comment

A word about the DRAMA

I am sorry but please everyone ...the words reality and real life need to be applied here.

This is cyber world not the real world. You will probably all never see 99% of the people you are communicating with here. Just ignore those who upset you, be happy with those you like and think you 'know'.... otherwise you have the choices to:

1. switch off your computer
                          2. ignore those who you feel are offensive
                          3. don't reply
                          4. let the administrators (ie. rj) deal with these issues...it's her/their choice /job
                          5. delete pm's
                          6. don't let someone you have never ever met in your life rule your happiness / unhappiness

sorry but just my honest opinion of all this 'playground' stuff ...er...I mean adult issues.
                          ?We are one another's angels?
                          Sober since 29/04/2007

Comment

A word about the DRAMA

ME..

Its ME! Good one Lefty...good responses here also. 155 days for me! I may be sober but my behavior does get out of control, aware of that. This is a good forum if we allow it to be. I hope I never hurt anyone, I am harmless. :h

Comment

A word about the DRAMA

Just found this thread. Maybe I'm lucky, maybe I don't post enough or explore enough, but I have never experienced anything other than support. I feel sorry for those of you who have been targeted with anger and hatred. This place has been a godsend to me. There are people here who have changed my life dramatically, like Cindi.

Where are you love? Hope all is well.

Comment

A word about the DRAMA

Ripple,
                                For corn's sake. Now what? An apple cozy? Ya'll wear some strange stuff up there in Lick Fork.
                                "We all have a better guide in ourselves, if we would attend to it, than any other person can be." Jane Austen

Comment

Working...
                                X