Fail and Fail again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fail and Fail again

I ought to know better and post an introductory thread. I didn't.

I am Mike,
    I am an alcoholic.
    I am killing myself slowly as my liver is failing.
    I have a child on the way.
    My wife has asked me to give this site a try, after my wretched experiences with AA.
    I have no choice at this point.

M

Fail and Fail again

i know what you are feeling
    samehere
    tandg

Comment

Fail and Fail again

:welcome: Mike (and tandg)

You've made a big step coming here......

Are you making a plan for yourself? You could start by reading RJ's book, get yourself some supplements....and read all round this site.

You will find lots of good ideas and support here.

Suze x
      Just hand me the chocolate and.........I'll consider my position. My solicitor has advised me to say no more than that.

Comment

Fail and Fail again

suze is right Mike and tangd. Take advantage of the people here, the support is amazing.

Comment

Fail and Fail again

The support on this site is the most helpful thing of all for me. MWO gave me hope. I also liked Allen Carr's book, Easy Way to Quit Drinking. Great for positive thinking, dispelling many alcohol culture myths. The AA book Paths to Recovery was of no help to me.
          My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Fail and Fail again

Welcome Mike

Mike - No other introduction needed. Read RJ's book - Please start the supplements asap. Do you have a Physician who can check your liver enzymes, etc.? Get all of that out of the way - and know we are out here for you. But most of all - for TODAY - Do NOT DRINK
            Loads of Support to you
            Liv
            AF since Jan. 1, 2008 .... It all began right here

Raise your hopeful voice, you have a choice, you made it now.

(from the Movie "Once")

Comment

Fail and Fail again

welome seraflame, I also have had what seems to be hardly any success at staying AF. However I have found this site to be helpful. Ive been able to cut down some an limit the hangovers by getting a few days in here and thee. am not sure that this method will produce much sucess in the long run, but I have received support and some success by just working this site a little. I had some success in AA but could not hold on to thir phylosophy

JB

Comment

Fail and Fail again

welcome here sera, you just took a bold step by coming here, am sure you will find lots of help here, open you mind and see and be clear what you want be free to ask any question and jump in here when feeling down, since the respond you get will for sure clik something positive into your life. but remember it all depend on you what action you take, you can smile again.

Comment

Fail and Fail again

Maasai, you are a wise man!

Comment

Fail and Fail again

hi there...mike . nice to meet you and welcome hope you can find what you need here . this is a great place to learn ways to stop or slow down. but to tell you the truth you are the only one that can really help yourself there is no easy way out from where you are if you have a drinking problem . so read alot and post any or all of your questions . and have a great day..good luck
                    :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                    best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Fail and Fail again

Welcome Mike and also tandg.

Since you mention your liver is failing, I hope you will take action right away. As others have suggested, downloading RJ's book from this site is an awesome start.

Best wishes to you and your family!

DG
                      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                      Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Fail and Fail again

Welcome Mike and Tangd,

Looking forward to 'seeing' you around on the boards.
                        This is a great site with loads of lovely people.
                        The programme does work (if you work at the programme!!).
                        Keep on posting and reading and recovering.
                        x
                        Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

Fail and Fail again

Hi & Welcome Mike:

It's never to late to live again. The liver is an amazing organ. Get the book, read & ask as many questions here, tweak the program to suit your needs (many of us have) and most of all~have a goal & plan-never give up.
                          :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

Fail and Fail again

Breez, I needed your three words today.....never give up......Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                            X