So delighted with the CDs!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am new to the program, and just started on Tuesday.

My Way Out is wonderful! I have the supplements and the CDs', and for the first time I can get through the late afternoon and evening without craving!

I am amazed!!!! No internal debating with myself about whether to go get that box of wine or not! No anxiety, no panic attacks, and feel energetic, after only 5 days! I did have trouble sleeping the first sober day, which was Friday.

I had finished my last box of wine on Thursday night. My husband, sister and I went out to dinner on Friday night, and to keep her company, I ordered a glass of wine. Usually I drink the first glass pretty fast, trying not to gulp it, and am not happy unless I have at least three glasses.

Now, this is the amazing thing! I didn't even notice that I had only finished half the glass of wine, until I had finished my dinner, and suddenly wanted a big glass of ice water with lemon. I gave the rest of the glass to my sister, who is so impressed that she is now starting, as we share the same affliction... (loving wine way beyond healthy, like a half a box a day!)

Gratitude doesn't even begin to cover the way I feel, which is free of the need to drink to get to sleep at night, and to feel comfortable in my own skin.

Congratulations, Mouse!!! Sounds like you're off to a great start.
    "We all have a better guide in ourselves, if we would attend to it, than any other person can be." Jane Austen

Comment

Good for you...keep up the positive attitude & good work. What you put in is what you get out. A plan & a goal! Wishing you success.
      :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

Hey Mouse! Glad to see you here.......when is your sister joining? Look forward to meeting her too.
        Noelle sez "Do want you like, like what you do. Life is Good."

Comment

What a great post. So glad to hear how well it is working for you. Keep us posted on your success.
          I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

:welcome:Thanks for sharing you very positive experience!! Keep us posted with your progress, OK?:goodjob:
            The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Noelle, I am not sure she will join in the forums and chat. She isn't as open about her difficulties with AL as I am. But, I am hoping she will work the program just as Roberta told us to do.

That means taking the supplements on schedule, doing the CDs on schedule, and getting some exercise. I haven't started that yet, but as soon as the ice goes, will be walking.

I have an exercise ball, the kind you sit on, and use it as a computer chair. Does that count as exercise?

My hard time of day is the late afternoon, right before dinner. So, this is when I do the CDs. I also play the subliminal while I am at the computer, or while knitting or stitching.

Another thing I have dome to make changes in my life is that I have turned off the TV. I usually have it on to Fox News, listening while doing other things, waiting for the latest breaking news. I have decided that this is not conducive to a calmer nervous system.

Bit by bit, I am working on identifying the habits that contribute to my "relapses", determined to figure out how better to deal with life's ups and down, and find alternative strategies for coping with emotional upsets.

Chardonnay was always the usual method, and obviously that isn't a reasonable strategy!

Comment

This is a really great post!!!!

Congrats!!!!!

I have had a simliar glass of wine. I am very happy for you!!

Comment

Welcome to MWO and well done Fieldmouse on your positive start!! I'm convinced that to stay AF we have to make changes to our lifestyle....be it exercise; food; sleep; activities etc. We have to become a new person.

Best wishes to you......

Janicexxx

(ps I love the cds too!!)
                  AF since 9 May 2012
                  Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

Working...
                  X