Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Calling NANCY, FLIP, BEATLE, STARLIGHT, BLUBELL !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back online again. Changed my name from KYNA to KAYLA - hope that's ok. I forgot all my passwords. Checking around for Benno. Are you still hanging in here?

Having a hard time getting back on track,
    Nancy, you were a big help last time. Are you out there still? Likewise, Beatle, Starlight, Bluebell, Flip ???

Sorry to go AWOL on you all ...

Kayla (AKA Kyna)
    KAYLA

Current attitude towards addiction: Why ask why? Just accept that it is, and go from there ...

Welcome back and trying to get back on track. We haven't met but I'm sure we'll get to "know" each other. There is so much positive help here for you (and me). Hang in there (here) and keep reading/posting.
    sigpic

Comment

Welcome back! Glad you're here!

Comment

Thanks Hula and Suki for your welcome,
        That's what I remember most about this place, the friendliness and acceptance.
        Still looking for the others and wondering if they're around. Will have to check through the boards ...

Kayla
        KAYLA

Current attitude towards addiction: Why ask why? Just accept that it is, and go from there ...

Comment

Hi Kayla!

I am still here as you know cuz I sent you a PM.

Welcome back to you!

You might find some old friends MIA lately. We have had some tough times on the boards and some beloved old-timers even decided to leave. But no doubt it is something that will blow over and maybe you can be part of starting something positive back up again.

Take care and good luck to you.

Nancy

Comment

Great to know you're still around Nancy, You were amongst those who first encouraged me on these boards - so I haven't forgotten that. Sorry to hear there have been some hard times happening here. Are Flip and Bluebird (my Aussie compatriots) MIA then? What's been happening? Can you let me know in a PM or is it inaprropriate to ask?

Kayla
            KAYLA

Comment

Hi from beatle

Hi Kayla,

Welcome back! I, too, have been AWOL-- for 10 days. I'm trying to catch up now. But I won't be back on a daily basis for another couple weeks, as I am away from home.

It's been great to log on today and read so many positive messages. Kayla, I hope you are getting some helpful 'vibes' from all these, and not to get discouraged.

FINALLY, I am also feeling optimistic-- after 10 AF days, and I do believe this is my final break-up with Al. Good riddance. It feels great to be single again (oh, yeh, except for that guy who keeps messing up the covers and those pesty little creatures who call me Mum.)

Kayla, I hope your return signals that you are getting "back on track"-- it is such a good track to be on.

To everyone else who reads this message, I am thinking of you all and will be back to incessantly plaguing you all with me "two cents" in a couple weeks' time. That's not a promise -- it's a warning!
              Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Hi Kayla,
                I am new but glad to met you.:welcome: Back!!!
                I have been reading, posting and chatting since Monday...really new.
                Wonderful, caring, loving, accepting, support and help.

I am starting my 4th AF day in a few hours...thanks to all the support here.
                Gail

Comment

Hi guys, thanks for the welcomes, and welcome to you Gail !

Good to see you're still here Beatle, as you were among those who helped me get on track a few months back. I eventually did a 30 day abs thread, but lost the plot after that. Rebound reaction.

Struggling to stay AF. Had 8 days up in the last fortnight and was feeling really resolved, then went to a D & A support group, got triggered, and drank. And drank. Then some more, secretly, for five days... My D & A counsellor says he's worried that rather than killing myself through slow alc. suicide, it could end up being my husband. He's doing a PhD, we have two kids, financial probs, and he's over it all being so hard. So desperately trying to get some commitment and motivation happening here ... No drinks for 4 days now. Pleased with this, but it's the long-term plan I'm worried about.

Glad to be back here again though and taking some inspiration from some posts,
                  RJ's book is on it's way, and I'm seriously considering something stronger like the Antabuse? Is it contra-indicated with anti-dep's does anyone know?

Kayla
                  KAYLA

Comment

Good job on 4 days.

Go here for a list of contraindications for Antabuse:

Drug Interactions
                    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

hi guys I have been wondering myself what has happened to starlight.
                      You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

Working...
                      X