First Time Here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Time Here!

:new: Just getting started, anyone have feed back on Kudza?

First Time Here!

Welcome Bonitag,

I don't have any experience with the Kudzu but I know a bunch here will help you with that. I went cold turkey with vitamins and lots of herbal tea. Let us know what you are going through and there are many here eager to give you support with any path you choose. Good luck - stay strong!

:welcome:
    Is Addiction Really a Disease?
    Watch this and find out....
    http://youtu.be/ekDFv7TTZ4I

Comment

First Time Here!

:welcome: bonitag!!

Kudzu is in my bag of tricks to fight the good fight. If you haven't already done so, I would recommend downloading RJ's book and giving it a read.

I still have not completely killed the Beast. But using RJs program, I DID have 60 straight alcohol free days last summer/fall. I experimented with "just one drink" and that was a huge mistake for me. So..I'm back starting over. But the My Way Out program DOES work if you work it. RJ's tools really help take the edge off.

I am using all of the supplements RJ recommends. Unless this has changed, I don't think the starter kit available here on the web site contains GABA, but i recommend trying that. I've added that to my program this time, and it seems to lift my spirits a bit which is VERY helpful here in my first week back on the wagon.

I use the hypnosis CD's which I think are helpful too. I sort of got away from them before I took my hard fall off the wagon, so I won't be taking them lightly this time around.

I also find exercise and a low carb (or at least sugar free) diet helpful - RJ also recommends these things. And of course this forum is filled with terrific people who are in all stages of achieving sobriety - either moderation (often referred to as "mods" here) or alcohol free (AF).

I do not use any prescription medication myself, but there are plenty of people who find that very helpful. You can read more about people's experiences in the Medications section of the forum.

As you can see I have yet to learn how to "make a long story short!" Welcome, and feel free to ask lots of questions and share your story.

DG
      Day 4 AF back on the wagon and feeling good.
      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
      Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

First Time Here!

Hi bonitag and welcome to the forum.

Don't have any experience of Kudzu either as I went cold turkey like 4theboyz but wanted to wish you every success in achieving your goals.

Love and Happiness
        Hippie
        xx
        "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
        Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

First Time Here!

Kudzu has helped me a lot. Good luck!!

Comment

First Time Here!

I took the kudzu every evening when I had a craving. I took three capsules around 5:00 pm, the witching hour for me. Other people space them out during the day. Anyway, it totally worked for me.....almost like magic!

Welcome and have fun here!
            Noelle sez "Do want you like, like what you do. Life is Good."

Comment

First Time Here!

:welcome: bonitag
              I started out with the book, I ordered it online and it was tagged with the Kudzu, so I ordered it also. I take 2 am and 2 pm, the bottle says between meals. I also take my usual supplements, and added GABA and L-Glutamine and the hypnosis cd's after spending some time on this site. To me, the supplements are a little hard to decide upon. What is actually working--some might work well for one person and not the next. Anyway, something is helping me, just not sure what. The one time I did overindulge--I had one of the worst hangovers ever. Not sure if that was from the supps or because I had cut way down.
              My advice: check out the meds and holistic healing forums, read the book, and then decide what is best for you.
              The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Working...
              X