Day one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day one

My perception is that people like you who quit and start posting right away do very well. Many others also do well using different paths to the discovery of what works for them. I found this forum a couple of days after quitting, and it has been a godsend.
    My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Day one

Hi OMW and all,
      Excellent....great to hear from you I was wondering how you were.
      ??? how do you "find" yesterday or past posts? any help..I am new, playing with the site, but can't figure out how to find "older ones"...
      https://www.mywayout.org/community/im...es/newhere.gif
      I am right there with you. day 2 feeling much stronger and better about myself....thanks to all the help and support from wonderful people on this site. I have been up all night, pretty emotional...so proud on myself for finally making my decision to quit but was still was beating myself up pretty badly...my husband has been away for 10 day..for medial problems....really lonely, sad, missing him. I felt like a kid homesick at summer camp for the first time...jeezz

I was on the chat room almost the entire night.....helped tons, thank god I didn't have wine in the house at about 3am it sounded good....but no more for me....not buying it.
      I read 4 chapters of the book that I downloaded yesterday...ordered all the stuff, starting taking vit. and supp. I got at the drug store....All the kind words and reading all the posts, spent like 4 hours reading, really inspired me...thanks for all your help. Still a really scary feeling having to "feel" all these emotions, I have been holding them inside all my life.....I can do it with help, and people to share with. Based on some good advice, I decided to "forgive" myself and put, the shame, guilt, self blaming in the past.....that's how I use to think....the past is over...now is what counts.https://www.mywayout.org/community/im...ies/thanks.gif
      Strong and determined more than ever
      Gail

Comment

Day one

oops did icon wrong?? just learning
        G

Comment

Day one

Hi Options! You need to get into a regular post, not quick reply to get the smilies......I think. It's at the lower right of this post where it says "quote." That should help with the smilies, okay?
          Noelle sez "Do want you like, like what you do. Life is Good."

Comment

Day one

Thanks for the help...I am trying to learn all the bells and whistle
            Have a great day!!
            Gail

Comment

Day one

Welcome On My Way....
              When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.
              -- Franklin D Roosevelt --

Comment

Day one

Hi On My Way ... I'm on Day 2 also ... Stay Strong!!!
                Growth means change and change involves risk, stepping from the know to the unknown."
                Author Unknown :h

AF - Sept 4, 2012
                10 days - Sept 13, 2012
                2 weeks - Sept 17, 2012
                Slip on the weekend but tried too moderate!
                AF - Sept 24, 2012 (get back on the headaches not worth it)
                Slippery slope Oct 1 ..... Trying to not give up!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Day one

Way to go on day 2!!

So far so good; I'm hitting the chocolate milk

Keep up the good work, On my way
                  Was an alcoholic yesterday, an alcoholic today and will still be an alcoholic tomorrow..... but I'm in charge now!

Comment

Day one

DAY 5

Here is day five and I am still at it. Bouchard how are you doing??

on my way
                    Was an alcoholic yesterday, an alcoholic today and will still be an alcoholic tomorrow..... but I'm in charge now!

Comment

Working...
                    X