just atarting out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just atarting out

Hi Barnes, Taylor and FloridaBoy! Y'all are gonna like it here. I guarantee it! Read a lot and post often. Have fun!
    Noelle sez "Do want you like, like what you do. Life is Good."

Comment

just atarting out

This may seem like a strange question, but does anyone have advice concerning menopause symptoms in addition to sobriety. The programs seem to go well until the "menopause from hell" symptoms kick in. Are there any other supplements (besides magnesium, which seems to be the supplement of choice for this but is totally not working). I'm also taking thiamine.

Comment

just atarting out

I do very well until my PMS starts I truly think there is a connection. I take a B complex, Evening Primrose, a multi, LGlut and Kudzu. The Kudzu I feel has helped me the most.

Comment

just atarting out

Barnes, try chasteberry tree extract. Also known a vitex. Check helath food store. Dong Quai as well.
          sigpic
          Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

just atarting out

Welcome Barnes, Florida Boy, and Taylor!

I found MWO on New Year's Eve Evening, when I was looking for a permission slip to party.... fortunately, I found this great group of people that helped me realize that alcohol isn't an answer.

There are people from all continents here, and we are all here to help on this crazy journey. Take the good, internalize it, and then help back, okay? We can all benefit from your experiences. For some reason, there seem to be more ladies here, Florida Boy, but don't let that scare you away~ we need you guys to keep our hormones in check

Anyway, the more you give, the more you get back. Welcome! :h

Patty
            Tampa, FL

Comment

just atarting out

Hi Patty,

More women here than men? I guess I will get in touch with my feminine side. Male or female, problem drinking effects all of us in many of the same ways. I have decided that whenever I feel like drinking that I will come here and read posts and/or post. It took me a long time to realize that the hangover lasts a lot longer than the buzz.

FB

Comment

just atarting out

FB,

Under the "General Discussion" board, the second thread down is "Who are we?".... go get counted!

On there, about 75% of us are women. For me, I didn't want to publicly announce my alcohol issues, so I deal with them here. Whatever floats the boat, right! Well, as long as it's Saltwater.

You're right- hangovers last too long...

Patty
                Tampa, FL

Comment

just atarting out

menopausal tip

barnes;296017 wrote: This may seem like a strange question, but does anyone have advice concerning menopause symptoms in addition to sobriety. The programs seem to go well until the "menopause from hell" symptoms kick in. Are there any other supplements (besides magnesium, which seems to be the supplement of choice for this but is totally not working). I'm also taking thiamine.
                  If ordering All One Multivits note that the one carried by MWO has too much iron for menopausal woman and you'll want to consider alternative ALL ONE product such as Fruit AntiOxidant or others. I ordered from another site. PM me if you're interested in info.
                  G

Comment

just atarting out

Hi. I have been told by my doctor that hormone replacement therapy is helpful for this but is scares me (odd for someone who alcohol is not that frightening) but I will look into your suggestions. I have tried every natural and several pharmautical solutions to this problem, but so far none really work. I have such severe hormonal or "monthly" symptoms that they make me seem a different person. Actually they do make me a much different person. There is a very good local health food store and I will try your suggestions, because even though I have read of them in the past they did not seem legit, just sugggestions to make money, etc. Thank you for your knowledge and I will let you know how it goes.

Comment

just atarting out

Hello, I would greatly appreciate any specific information regarding this "hormonal problem" since it is my greatest undoing and I would do anything to fiix or solve it. Thank you very much for the interest and advice.

Barnes

Comment

just atarting out

Hello Florida Boy. Very sorry for the "feminine" tilt to the conversation, but the hormones actually have quiite a bit to do with the problem, or so I have been told. And just think, if you ever find yourself up against the female perspective of the alcohol problem, you will be well-versed in the why's and wherefore's.
                        Joking aside, I just did not know where else to turn for answers to this problem.

Comment

Working...
                        X