Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much water is everyone drinking these days?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got my new water bottle - one that holds 1L so I could judge better how much I'm drinking - it's massive by the way!! - Anyway, I'm just about managing 2L at the moment. Quite hard to fit any more in. Guess it's a gradual thing. I've only just stopped running off to the loo every 5 mins!! :rolleyes

I start off the morning with 24 oz, then just try to drink a full 8 oz right after I use the rr all day. That's my way of replinishing...don't know how much that really is though.

Comment

100 oz every day. I live in the bathroom.

Comment

As much as I can. About 3 to 4 liters a day. :eek

Comment

I start out the morn with 2 cups of coffee, after that then usually a 12 oz bottle of poland spring. Depending on my morning, I'll usually drink 1-3 more before noon.

Afternoon luch and 1- 12 oz bottle of water, 1-3 if I have sports activities to attend afterschool with my son. After dinner at least one before bed, which is really stupid, because I wake up several times during the night to go to the bathroom.

Brandy

Comment

Cor!

I have a ways to go... I just feel full looking at this bottle....

Comment

Usually about 4 litres a day.... more if I run

Comment

Obviously, I'm really falling down on the water thing! I drink lots of tea, fuze, etc....but not that much plain water! Looks like I'll have to pick up the pace a bit! And I am already starting to live in the bathroom just by virtue of not having all that alcohol in my system, which had begun to give me that not so lovely, bloated, alky look!

susan

Comment

I think how much water we drink is somewhat of an individual thing, and Susan, some of that tea does count! It is possible to drink too much water! Once the alcohol is out or your system, your sense of thirst will be a more reliable guide. The diet gurus recommend 8 ounce glasses a day, (which does include drinks like green tea, etc., probably not coffee, diet sodas or stuff like that), so just keep doing your best! But don't overdo, please. Some people have become ill from drinking TOO MUCH water, because it disrupts the electolyte and salt balance in your body. Painter would need to drink more water when running--that sounds about right!

Comment

Yeah agree with that. Water comes in fruit, tea etc. Be careful. It is possible to overdo it. 2 litres is considered reasonable in a normal climate with normal activity at a normal adult age. But you need to adjust for other factors. Just don't go by the book ... And it takes about 3 days from memory for the bladder to adjust to the intake. If you are still taking time to adjust I would see a doctor.

Comment

(This message was left blank)

Comment

Thanks, everyone, for calming me down! Just like me to panic and get COMPETITIVE about everything--even drinking water! :rollin

best, susan

Comment

H2O

Guess if I aim for at least 2L and more if swimming - wanting to avoid that rare side effect of topa - kidney stones : and if I start running as planned then will up it again.

Good to see what every one else is doing.

Comment

Re: H2O

Oh ... other thing I remember from reading is don't rely on 'feeling thirsty' as an indicator. This is actually a last resort of the body. Better to get in before the thirst kicks in and also better to sip little and often rather than lots and infrequently.

We had to learn this because our elderly mum nearly died from dehydration because her type of dementia meant the part of her brain that sparked the need to drink was damaged. So she needs to be reminded to drink by someone and we had to be taught how the body needs to drink. Weird but true. Actually - if you look how the Chinese here drink their green tea all day long you can see it in action. They have their containers of tea that they top up with boiling water all day long and sip, sip, sip.

Comment

Re: H2O

There's that word again I've just learnt!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X