I made it 30 days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I made it 30 days

Thank you to everyone here who absolutely 110% made me realize that I wasn't alone in the struggle.

I had no intention of going 30 days (I didn't think I wanted to) when I joined up - 2 weeks seemed like the lowest number to convince myself that I was really OK and in control of my drinking and the highest number that I would want to be AF.

I don't know what's next, but thank you all for helping me. :h
    The untold want, by life and land ne?er granted,
    Now, Voyager, sail thou forth, to seek and find.

W Whitman

90+ days yay!

I made it 30 days

Congratulations! Isn't it great to be on top instead of under your life?!
    My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

I made it 30 days

dowjbw;294723 wrote: Congratulations! Isn't it great to be on top instead of under your life?!
      thank you - and congratulations to you too!

I don't know if I'm on top yet, but it certainly feels less like I'm faking it!

W Whitman

90+ days yay!

Comment

I made it 30 days

GREAT JOB!!!! keep it up...be strong...hugs, buckle

Comment

I made it 30 days

DC!
          CONGRATULATIONS!
          YOU ROCK! WAY TO GO!
          :goodjob:
          It truely is amazing, what a person can do when they set their mind to it, isn't it? And you are correct, this site is wonderful for the support and assistance, so many people have been where you and I have been, and they are heping us get to where we want to go!
          Hat's off to you!
          Stay Strong!
          BHOG
          War isn't working. Let's try Peace!

Comment

I made it 30 days

D-Cat,
            Well Done!! I hope you keep going!! Most of us start here with some idea about Modding or stopping just for a certain period of time..........and then...........before we know it, we wrap our heads around the thought of simply becoming non-drinkers!!

Again....Congrats!! Yes, what BHOG said....Be Strong!
            Kate
            A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

I made it 30 days

:goodjob: WAY TO GO DC. That really is something to be proud of. Do something nice for yourself today, ok?:l
              The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

I made it 30 days

DaC,

I am so happy for you, feels great too doesn't it!! I am just a couple days further along and I too sometimes wonder what this is all about. Nobody put a gun to my head to force me to go AF, but I am so glad I did and I am getting quite comfortable with the notion of no more AL in my life - it is a good thing!
                Is Addiction Really a Disease?
                Watch this and find out....
                http://youtu.be/ekDFv7TTZ4I

Comment

I made it 30 days

Woo Hoo!! Well done Cat....hope you are feeling absolutely fabulous!
                  Good on you. It is a great achievement.

x
                  Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

I made it 30 days

Congrats on the 30 days!!! Did it sneak up on you or did you notice every day? I always wonder that.

:goodjob:
                    Noelle sez "Do want you like, like what you do. Life is Good."

Comment

I made it 30 days

How lovely - thanks very much! It's the positive attitude that you all have that keep me going.

Noelle - I have been counting. When I hit 3 weeks-ish I decided to go 30 days. At the time I looked at my calendar and said - dang that falls mid week, if I'm going to have a go at moderating I'll carry on to the weekend then open a bottle of nice wine.

But at this point I think I'll carry on. I've lost 7 lbs. My body and head are still complaining a little so I think I still have detoxing to do, I'm picking up some vitamins today. But remarkably, my cravings have all but disappeared. I think I'd rather not start up, even though I don't want to say never.

vettech - I'm heading out to lunch with a friend now :h I'm going to a place with chocolate shakes not margaritas :H

really - thanks to all - you're my gang of helpers on my shoulder

W Whitman

90+ days yay!

Comment

I made it 30 days

Congrats to you .
                        Love,
                        John S

Comment

I made it 30 days

Good for you carrying on. I know mods can be done, but for me, it just isn't a possibility.

For some reason I didn't count the days and I'd have to count to find out how many I have right now. But then I don't know why or why not I do the things I do. I'm a goof!
                          Noelle sez "Do want you like, like what you do. Life is Good."

Comment

I made it 30 days

congrats!

Congrats to you H-cat!! Good job on lunch w/ milkshakes too!! Way to go! Stay strong, like BHOG says, yeah!:goodjob:

Noelle, you are NOT a GOOF!! You are a lovely person, we all think so too, so there!!

Again, keep going as long as you want Hover!!:happy::disco::dancin:

Love,

MA
                            :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

I made it 30 days

Awesome! :goodjob:

I just love reading posts like yours. I'm a bit further long than you and can only say, each day gets better.

Erin

Comment

Working...
                              X