I made it 30 days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I made it 30 days

I feel similar. After a while I feel that I can't drink, even sensibly as it would be such a shame to have to start counting from zero again.

The power of Numbers.
    I have not failed 1000 times. I have successfully found 1000 ways that do not work.

Comment

I made it 30 days

Congrats Disapproving!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep fighting the good fight! You're awesome!

Comment

I made it 30 days

Oh, and I think all of us who have issues with AL would LOVE to be able to do moderate, but we can't ... that's the issue. Its like the holy grail of the problem drinker (or is it like the chicken and the egg?!?)

For me I've always known I'll have to stop completely. For most people I think spending a long period breaking the psychological habit and ridding your body of the dependency is necessary. I hope some day to enjoy some wine or beer or even a cocktail while on vacation or out for dinner, but I doubt we'll ever be able to have it around the house ... and forget about that wine cellar!!!

Comment

I made it 30 days

DisapprovingCat: congrats to you. don't think we have chatted. I pray to be where you're at soon!

PS: like your avatar. would it disapprove of mine?
          :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

I made it 30 days

Awesome! :goodjob:

I just love reading posts like yours. I'm a bit further long than you and can only say, each day gets better.

Erin

Comment

I made it 30 days

Thanks again people - my friend didn't want to go for shakes (booo!) and instead we had sushi

she poured me saki - but I didn't drink it

we were too busy yakking for her to make note I guess

even getting riled up talking about my father's new wife didn't make me want to drink - even though I confessed my fantasy of pushing her down a long flight of stairs (it's a rational fantasy, she is abusive to my dad yet he stays with her)

spotty dingo and others - I want to be able to moderate someday, but I don't think I can drink at home either. Not until I can quiet that voice that says it's ok to overdo and be secretive - who is that?

dexter - this is not my kitty, my kitties get home grown cat mint and catnip (I'M AN ENABLER!) so they are pretty good natured most of the time. I found this pic after I picked the name - and it surely fits.

thank you!
              The untold want, by life and land ne?er granted,
              Now, Voyager, sail thou forth, to seek and find.

W Whitman

90+ days yay!

Comment

Working...
              X