Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cravings, what time is your roughest during the day?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My most difficult time of day is from 5 pm to 8 pm. Then again, right before bed, when I realized I haven't had anything to drink.
    How about others?

Miss layla

Much the same with me, I had become a habit drinker..as soon as the six o clock news came on I was heading for the bottles until getting into a stupor for bed. I am so tired now, having not had much sleep for the past 8 days, i am taking nytol and at last last night got a reasonable nights sleep

kirky

Comment

Miss Layla
      Nightime for me too about 5pm I start getting antsy and then until I eat! On campral at the moment and its working well
      Never drank at lunchtime because "whats the point!" unless I was on holidays and didn't have to stop.:
      Now just trying to relax and forget that I am not drinking (easier said than done as I am OBSESSED at the moment.)
      Love Shas

Comment

Excellent Shas, glad to know Campral is working for you. It did work for me, until I drank on it, then it stopped working. Wish I hadn't had that first drink on Campral. Keep us informed on your progress.

Comment

This is going to sound awful, but my worst time is the minute I get up! Not only did I drink all the time (and I mean I actually would get up in the night and have glasses of wine), but I started first thing...obviously, I don't have a regular 9-5 job, but I often had a few before heading out--even if I was getting to a 10am class or appt.... So, now when I get up I know I won't be having a drink all day (or night!)--and sometimes I feel a little mixed about that...

susan

Comment

Oh Susan,
            My heart goes out to you. I could handle during the day because I didn't feel like it ................but to feel like I do from 5pm on.... you really are a strong woman!
            Read your abs post and you sound like your kicking a*se
            Love Shas

Comment

And Shas ...

so are you! Well done!

Tawny

Comment

I find my worst time is when I'm in the kitchen, cooking a meal and the wine glass just seems like an extra limb. Of course, this scenario occurs every night so, this is my problem time.

It's a tough one to beat but what I have been doing this week (my Back on Track Week!) is having a glass of water there instead. Seems to be working but, although, physically I don't seem so bothered about having the wine, mentally, I feel as if I'm missing out on my ritual.:

Comment

My roughest time is in the evening when everything is done, kids in bed, dishwasher on, everything ready for the morning. Hubby likes to sit and relax with a glass of wine and watch tv. He can stop at 2 or 3 whereas I have to keep going. I was ironing at 11 p.m. last night!! During the week its not too bad but Friday nights are still very hard.

Comment

Used to be 5:00 p.m. every day. Now I've gotten in the habit of pushing that to around 6:00, and now and am trying to "extend" my day of working, even if it is to finish the day with a jog at 5:30 so that I can stay busy longer. But yeah.... my little "reminder" voice starts reminding me "Its time to relax now..." at about 5:30 to 6. I have find it is pretty easy now to get through it, and that it does go away for the most part if I can hold off until 7 or 8 p.m. By then I realize that I dont want it as bad, and "hey".... I think I can just sail on through and go to bed early instead!

I am moderating, so I have found that if I treat myself a bit like a mother talking to her child, I have found that telling myself I am only aloud to "play" or have some wine between 8 and 9:30 p.m, and that's my end time, I will nurse two glasses slowly, usually, and feel satisfied. Sometimes I cram a third one in there, but as long as I stop by 9:30, I feel great the next day, like I havent drank at all.

Weekends are much harder as my hubby always takes the kids to breakfast and stays gone for several hours, so I am free to sleep in.... have a headache, and so I botch it too much still on weekends. Never think about it or desire it during the day... hope I never do!!

Allie

Comment

The witching hour for me is 5-9. It is worst when I am making dinner. But I am learning (slowly) not to drink while making dinner bec/ too often I have made some really weird stuff or burned it or just been too bombed to care about eating. Not a nice thing to do to husband when he comes home from a long day at office........:eek

Comment

Working...
                      X