Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A new member trying again to control my drinking

Hello, everybody!

I bought the book yesterday, and kudzu, from Amazon.com. I must have spent three hours reading half of the posts on the "holistic healing" forum. That was very interesting - particularly the diversity of experiences regarding the various supplements. I have taken some of these supplements before - the l-glutamine when I was on the SIX WEEKS TO SOBRIETY program, and the gaba while being on Dr. Gant's END YOUR ADDICTION NOW program. I still buy many of the supplements from BIO-RECOVERY, the distributor for the SIX WEEKS TO SOBRIETY program. I have been buying their supplements for 10 years, just to give you an idea how helpful they are for me - tee-hee! I still drink 10 beers daily! I need to get out of the house and be employed on a part-time basis, at least.

I am hopeful that the kudzu will help me to cut down to 5 beers daily. If I can do that, then it should be relatively easy to take a day, or two, off. That would get me down to 25 beers a week, which isn't too far away from the guidelines of the MODERATION MANAGEMENT program, i.e., 14 drinks a week.

I think that I probably should have bought the kudzu from the MWO site, The Amazon site sold me the Planetary Sources product.

Does anybody know if the Starter Pack suppements are much different from those of BIO-RECOVERY, except for the kudzu and the CALMS-FORTE addition in the former, of course. Does the book go into detail about the potency of the various vitamins/minerals/amino acids?

What actually is CALMS-FORTE?

Thank you for any advice, as well any information, you can provide.

francophone

Hi Franc,

I don't know too much about the supps you mentioned. There is a thread for supps so you might want to check there. Also in the MWO store there is info on the various things.
    Sounds like you are trying to moderate. A lot of people on here suggest that it's a good idea to go AF (alcohol free) for about 30 days, then try moderating. I'm going back AF again starting today because I just can't seem to mod. It's all or nothing. I didn't like the feeling I got from Kudzu so only tried it once. I'm going to start back on L-Glut and Vit. B.
    It's such a good feeling when you get several days under your belt with no alcohol. So much more clear headed.

I wish you luck and :welcome:

Auntie
    AF since Jan. 25th, 2011 :thumbs

Comment

:welcome:Hi franc! I don't have a great deal of info on the supps, although I have been told the MWO kudzu is better than most. Just wanted to welcome you to the site .. it is an amazing place ... keep posting!!!!
      :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

Hi Francophone,

Welcome:welcome:

I do not know anything about the starter pack either, but I do know that the MWO Kudzu is really good. I was sent a free container of Kudzu when I became a subscriber....

Wishing you luck
        Amelia
        Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

Working...
        X