Change thoughts..change ways..change is GOOD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Being on 2nd day AF I have begun to realize just how much AL preoccupies my thinking and thought process:
    Driving home this morning I passed the following stores and had the following thoughts:

7-11 SPARKS light 4 Cans and 1 32 oz Bud Chelada w/Clamato
    Long's Drug's - 12 Pack Stella and Bottle Skye Vodka
    Valley Liquor- 5$ Lotto ticket, if I felt guilty for being a frequent customer I would purchase 10$ depends if I was there for my first trip or already primed. Bushnills and Sparks

My garage-little fridge is stocked with Sobe Lean which I would mix with vodka so my kids wouldn't suspect I was drinking. Wonder what they thought made me slur and clumsy....had them fooled didn't I!:no:
    Then I realized I was mentally shopping for AL, I thought I better change my thought process.
    I was thinking about what I gave up when I gained weight....and what I would do again when "normal".
    Golf-boobs too big to get a good grip on the club and back hurt from weight
    Running- would run again after I lost weight, too much jiggly
    Mountain biking- Looked like my butt was eating the bike
    Kayaking- Would the kayak fit??
    Going to the beach-Did only wore clothes not suit.

So the weight was gone and did I do my favorite things and why not...
    Golf- Can't focus after 8 th beer on 3rd hole much less aim
    Running- Too tired and hungover
    Mountain biking-That would take away from my buzz time
    Kayaking- Every Sat I say I will and then I sleep away the day to start the cycle over.
    Did go to the beach-stayed drunk and in cottage. What fun

This may not be making sense but it astounded my on how my life has been. Call me crazy but this weekend I am going to the driving range and I am going to kayak the caves in the cove!!:fingers: and just possibly go swimming:thumbysup:

hi there.jb ..welcome . good luck make the most of what life is and have fun
    :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
    best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

You're right on. Alcohol takes up waayyy to much of our time. The thinking, the planning, the drinking, the drunkeness, the sleeping, the hang-over. Welcome to a new life of activity! It looks like you have a lot to keep you busy. Keep up the energetic thoughts through this process of AF. Welcome.
      sigpic

Comment

"Normal People" would not be able to relate with what you said. AL consumes soo much of who we are and what we do that the smallest things, like driving by 7-11 triggers our thoughts to be only about AL. Well, thankfully we are all in this together and "here" is the only place I feel "Normal."
        :hCheryl

Comment

Haha... let me tell you how alcohol consumes thoughts.. I worried more about having money for beer than money for food.. I scrimped at the grocery store so I could make sure I had my fix.. Loved your post... funny...

Try not to bite off more than you can chew at first.. you have a lot of goals.. You know, yesterday on Day 4.. (Day 5 now for me .. :rockon: ) I already felt my waist getting smaller. I get hungrier during the day.. but that's because I'm not taking in all those empty calories.. now I can take in Healthy stuff...

Keep it up JB.. (btw, I sent you a PM last night)...

:goodjob:

JB32408;298011 wrote: Being on 2nd day AF I have begun to realize just how much AL preoccupies my thinking and thought process:
          Driving home this morning I passed the following stores and had the following thoughts:

7-11 SPARKS light 4 Cans and 1 32 oz Bud Chelada w/Clamato
          Long's Drug's - 12 Pack Stella and Bottle Skye Vodka
          Valley Liquor- 5$ Lotto ticket, if I felt guilty for being a frequent customer I would purchase 10$ depends if I was there for my first trip or already primed. Bushnills and Sparks

My garage-little fridge is stocked with Sobe Lean which I would mix with vodka so my kids wouldn't suspect I was drinking. Wonder what they thought made me slur and clumsy....had them fooled didn't I!:no:
          Then I realized I was mentally shopping for AL, I thought I better change my thought process.
          I was thinking about what I gave up when I gained weight....and what I would do again when "normal".
          Golf-boobs too big to get a good grip on the club and back hurt from weight
          Running- would run again after I lost weight, too much jiggly
          Mountain biking- Looked like my butt was eating the bike
          Kayaking- Would the kayak fit??
          Going to the beach-Did only wore clothes not suit.

So the weight was gone and did I do my favorite things and why not...
          Golf- Can't focus after 8 th beer on 3rd hole much less aim
          Running- Too tired and hungover
          Mountain biking-That would take away from my buzz time
          Kayaking- Every Sat I say I will and then I sleep away the day to start the cycle over.
          Did go to the beach-stayed drunk and in cottage. What fun

This may not be making sense but it astounded my on how my life has been. Call me crazy but this weekend I am going to the driving range and I am going to kayak the caves in the cove
          P.S. You can't love if you don't love yourself... :heart:

As you wander through life, sister/brother, whatever be your goal, keep your eye upon the donut, and not upon the hole.
          - Sign in the Mayflower Coffee Shop, Chicago

Comment

Has anyone read the book, "Who Moved My Cheese?" It's all about change and takes about 1/2 hour to read.
            Noelle sez "Do want you like, like what you do. Life is Good."

Comment

Working...
            X