ODAT - Wednesday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODAT - Wednesday

Another quick dive onto the boards this morning to start us all off and wish everyone well.

Thank you so much to everyone who offered their sympathy about the piglet. It was sad but I think I can hold my head up and say we did our best for her.

Craving some more time on here but I hope that will come soon!

Still not managing any AF time but have been modding well last couple of nights. I like that feeling when I am able to say 'no thank you, I have had enough' when someone offers to top my glass up. It's empowering. Even more so when I can go back to saying 'no thank you' before I even start. I will, with the help of all on here.

Love and luck to all who post today. Love reading everyone's daily tales even if I don't get much a chance to respond to any.

Bessie xxx

ODAT - Wednesday

Morning Bessie,
    Well done on managing to Mod, My success rate on that is virtually nil,tried since November.
    Got through day 4 yesterday, Day 5 today (GULP) not managed it for two months.
    I MUST get through today to prove it to myself!

Have a great day

Eastx
    In life we can live out our dreams its true
    the one who decides,takes chances,makes choices is YOU.

Comment

ODAT - Wednesday

Good morning Bessie - this spring cleaning is getting beyond a joke now - in bed last night before 9pm exhausted!! But up bright and early, although not as early as you of course! Might do some retail therapy today for a change:H Glad to hear you're feel "empowered" and in control, baby steps,eh?

Have a good day everyone with whatever you are doing:l I'll be glad to get back to work next week for a rest!!
      J

Comment

ODAT - Wednesday

hey there bessie, good job on moding ur drink.

i was never able to do it. saying that i did cut down my days from 2nd jan, but it crept up, so i joined AA and that helped me cut down the days again. on the days i did drink i did take alot of alcohol, and it got me into all sorts of bother, so thats when i decided that moderating isnt working for me as it wasnt changing anything, but it did help me take that step in being AF. years before i would of never managed, i could never get past 3 days and that was being in hospital. so i guess owning up to being a alcoholic and accepting it has helped.

anyway thats just my thoughts on how moderating didnt work for me. im glad ur able too

so anyway good luck everyone and i hope u have a nice day.

26 days AF for me.

Comment

ODAT - Wednesday

Good Morning ODATers,

As I sit here yawning.

I can never sleep in but do spend the first hour "coming to" even though I am AF. Oh well.

East, hang in there. I read a book about women and sobriety. One woman could stay sober 10 days and would then go out and get drunk. She said she absolutely could not get past that 10 days. (This is a very AA oriented book, or I would recommend it.)

Anyway, one time she was at day 10 and something happened that she could not drink the next day. Something "clicked" for her and she has been sober ever since.

Just keep trying, East. One day something will "click."

Bessie, girl, hang in there. You are doing great. One of these days being AF will become as natural as being you. :l

Last of the Summer Wine, What the heck is spring cleaning?? :H:H

Love to all my ODAT friends,
          Cindi
          AF April 9, 2016

Comment

ODAT - Wednesday

Morning all, feeling good again today, hope this continues. Been reading about positivity and putting it all 'out there' so maybe that is sinking in and giving me a well needed lift. Have to dash today but wishing all a good one.

Lx
            Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

ODAT - Wednesday

Hey, good morning everyone. On day 3 AF today. I feel great! On my way to the gym.
              Have a good day.
              Love and Peace
              When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.
              -- Franklin D Roosevelt --

Comment

ODAT - Wednesday

Hi everyone

Well I'm back in puter land again. It feels so good. I have to say I missed my MWO family. Sorry about the piglet Bessie.

East, you are not the only one stuck on a certain day. I have managed 30 days a few times since September. Started out meaning to do lent which is about 40 days, got to 30 and it was as if I was programmed. OK 30 days are up you can drink. My next challenge is to get past the 30 day mark. Moderated over Easter and today is Day 2.

Lovely day here and the sun is shining. Girls are off school so computer time is limited. Have a great one.

Rustop

Comment

ODAT - Wednesday

Good morning. Glad to see this thread to know what day it is. Working way too hard but made big progress in black hole yesterday. Just found out brother and GF are staying here 4 days and arrive tomorrow! Yikes! Guest room is trashed, but it's all hubby stuff so I get a slight bit of satisfaction from that. :H I must tackle the black hole with a vengance so I can be hostess. Oh no, doggie tee-tee on carpet. Kitty tee-tee smell in dining room. Don't have time to deal with that. Oh well. The world won't stop turning.

Had to edit to say have a great day!
                  sigpic
                  Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

ODAT - Wednesday

good morning

Just wanted to check in before my day gets going crazy, which it will very soon!!! Glad to see everyone seems to be well, good luck on whatever your goals are today!

Take care all!!

lots of love,:h:l

MA
                    :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

ODAT - Wednesday

Morning all,
                      Day 5 AF here.
                      The longest I have gone in...forever....emotions are all over the board, I haven't been checking in, because I just feel so out of sorts.
                      I hope you all are doing well.
                      Trying to get off effexor also...this is day two...may have something to do with it...I know the last time I did, I thought I was going insane...but I will hang on to the knowledge that it DID pass....
                      hope you all, and all who follow have a great day,
                      love,
                      K
                      Striving to live life without ALCOHOL

Comment

ODAT - Wednesday

Great morning all--

Since I'm on mountain time, you all probably think I'm sleeping in everyday!! :H

Don't get to come here until the kids are on the bus. Sounds like everyone is doing really well! It's hump-day, but remember ODAT! Keep up the good work, and if anyone is interested in cleaning my house.........

Have a great day!!!
                        The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

ODAT - Wednesday

good luck with everyone's ODAT goals!

last night I was out late (for me) and really wanted a large OJ + vodka when I came home, but I realized that I was hungry (no lunch or supper) and dehydrated - imagine how I would feel today if I'd had that drink? Instead I grabbed a PB sand and a large OJ on ice (no V) then I just wanted to go to bed.

happy wednesday

ps bessie - sorry about the little piggy
                          The untold want, by life and land ne?er granted,
                          Now, Voyager, sail thou forth, to seek and find.

W Whitman

90+ days yay!

Comment

ODAT - Wednesday

Hmmm.. Just wondering after reading all your posts.. Is having a fixed goal of xx number of days what's causing it? How about just today? ODAT .. That's how I'm doing it so far.. (gee, I have so much to offer as a Day 5'er, tongue in cheek). Just an observation though.. I'm afraid to have a set goal of xx number of days.. I'm doing great for today (although my real goal is never drinking again).
                            P.S. You can't love if you don't love yourself... :heart:

As you wander through life, sister/brother, whatever be your goal, keep your eye upon the donut, and not upon the hole.
                            - Sign in the Mayflower Coffee Shop, Chicago

Comment

ODAT - Wednesday

ODAT is fine Palatia......you don't need to set a specific goal if that's what you want to do. There aren't any rules here. Cool, huh? That's why *I* like it here.

Five days AF is great, just as one day or 30 days are.

Good luck to everyone!! :goodjob:
                              Noelle sez "Do want you like, like what you do. Life is Good."

Comment

Working...
                              X