I pray I can do this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I pray I can do this

I too am new here and am so thankful I found this site. I am sick of planning my week around trying too keep my nights free to stay home and spend time with my wine. I am kidding myself that my kids and husband don't notice. I want to be healthy and free.
    I have started the supplements and try to fit them all in but haven't succeeded much. I do take the All in one and have my pill box filled I just forget to take all the others. I will try to be better. Did order Topramax from Aclepsa but took 2 doses and began to have trouble with the effexor I was taking so I stopped. I am weaning off Effexor and then will think about restarting the Topramax. I am alittle scared because I ordered it on line and did not get it from my Dr. I just really want to have the help with my cravings. Good luck to all of us. Its so nice to be able to talk about this with others going through the same thing. I have felt so alone for so long.
    formenow:

I pray I can do this

:welcome:
    I still have trouble remembering to take everything when I'm supposed to--I guess it just takes practice! Also I'm used to taking all my vits after I eat, and I think some are supposed to be taken before I eat.
    Anyway, I'm glad you're here, you will get lots of support!
    The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

I pray I can do this

Welcome, For Me Now.

You have a wonderful frame of mind... you WILL do this. When I finally woke myself up, I felt guilty that it took me so long to figure out how alcohol was #1 and everything else followed.
      Look on the medicine thread for good advice about the Effexor and Topamax~ hopefully, someone who's been there can help you figure it out.

You aren't alone anymore, dear. :groupluv:

Patty
      Tampa, FL

Comment

I pray I can do this

Well it looks like you overcame the first hurdle. You know you have a problem and you want to fix it. This site has made me gratefully realize that I am not the only one that has these crazy thoughts. You will get alot from just reading posts. My husband doesn't understand my problem with alcohol. I think he thinks I am weak or don't care. Knowing that I am not alone makes me feel stronger and that has helped me. I look forward to seeing your name and hearing your thoughts.
        Welcome!!
        :hCheryl

Comment

I pray I can do this

May the good lord be with you.

You have made the great move & step!!

formenow;299695 wrote: I too am new here and am so thankful I found this site. I am sick of planning my week around trying too keep my nights free to stay home and spend time with my wine. I am kidding myself that my kids and husband don't notice. I want to be healthy and free.
          I have started the supplements and try to fit them all in but haven't succeeded much. I do take the All in one and have my pill box filled I just forget to take all the others. I will try to be better. Did order Topramax from Aclepsa but took 2 doses and began to have trouble with the effexor I was taking so I stopped. I am weaning off Effexor and then will think about restarting the Topramax. I am alittle scared because I ordered it on line and did not get it from my Dr. I just really want to have the help with my cravings. Good luck to all of us. Its so nice to be able to talk about this with others going through the same thing. I have felt so alone for so long.
          formenow:
          All that you know, is what you're able to know!!:applaud:

Comment

I pray I can do this

hi there..formenow. welcome.. so so very glad to meet you . you are not alone . we are here for you.
            good luck and god bless you on your jouney
            :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
            best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

I pray I can do this

If Hubby and the kids notice, have you told him you think you may have a problem? He just may become your biggest supporter.

Comment

I pray I can do this

Hello formenow :welcome: Aunty Vic

Comment

I pray I can do this

ForMeNow,
                  FloridaBoy has a very valid point here:
                  FloridaBoy;299963 wrote: If Hubby and the kids notice, have you told him you think you may have a problem? He just may become your biggest supporter.
                  When I decided to stop drinking, my spouse was indeed my biggest supporter. She had listened to me several times tell her I would get my drinking under control..but this time I had this site and I have been able to make it work! Aside from your spouse, however, your name says a LOT! You have to do this for YOU, you cannot become AF or control your drinking, etc. for anyone else..you have to do it for you. And, given the right mind set, which I think you now have, and this site to help, you CAN do this! come on here often, if you have not done so yet, read RJ's book, and look into the suppliments and meds. If you have a dr that you feel comfortable talking with, do so if possible.
                  Come back here often! It's a great site, lots of help, and great people to support you! One of the things aobut MWO is that you don't get lectures if you happen to slip and fall, you do get a lot of people willing to pick you up and help you get back on your feet!

Stay Strong!
                  BHOG
                  War isn't working. Let's try Peace!

Comment

I pray I can do this

Thank you all for writing back to me with your encouragement. I can't even tell you what it means to me to hear I am not alone. I have said a few things about my drinking to my husband and he even saw Robertas book when it came and said he just thought I bought it to explore more on the "subject" I really don't think he wants to not be able to share a drink time with me. (He does not have a problem) I would love to be able to have a drink on occasion without thinking about it daily.
                    I will keep close to all of you.
                    Thank you

Comment

Working...
                    X