A Cautionary Tale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Cautionary Tale

Thanks for writing Happy. It has helped inspire me to start again. Good for you for starting again

Comment

A Cautionary Tale

Great post!

Palatia;300678 wrote: wow... 35 days... that is commendable!!! WTG!

I had a little slip last night on my Day 7... but Immediately realized that the little blessings/miracles we receive when we're not drinking won't happen if I get into AL again...

Just a thought for everyone: Do you think wonderful things just fall into our lap when we're drinking? No.. they don't. They come when we are sober and living life... I think because we're giving more back.
      I love what you say about wonderful things falling into our lap when we are sober and living life. I will remember this one when I feel a little left out or like a stick in the mud because I am abstaining. TY for this great thought!
      Sasha

Comment

A Cautionary Tale

yep it's not so easy to moderate I would add. There is always an excuse, or a reason to just have that last drink, or to sneak a couple.

I think that you are quite strong to be able to catch yourself and get back on your feet.

I like your post. lots to learn from it.

Trix
        You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

A Cautionary Tale

I have been reading a lot on the Mods board the past few days -- one recurring theme and one wonderful post I thought I would summarize here...I think most people really are not able to Mod successfully (or maybe I was just drawn to the posts that sounded like me, not sure)....and one post I loved -- the Irish Lady wrote that she decided to quit trying to mod because it was just too much darn work! I love that. Here I have been stressed out whenever I need to interact in a social situation -- coming up with a plan, doing extra hypno -- worrying about it through the whole event (and then, obviously, failing when I don't do the work). It's so much darn work, what am I doing it for?? And I'm happy without the AL (as Thankful pointed out).

I'm reminded of an old joke my Dad use to tell us as kids.."A man goes to the doctor complaining of pain in his arm. He says, 'Doctor, Doctor - my arm really hurts when I raise it like this (raises hand above his head)...the Doctor says, 'Don't raise your hand like that!'

Silly joke, but I can hear him smiling and telling it to me now. The MWO program has made it very, very easy for me to stop drinking - it's only when I try to Mod that I have the problem...so Doctor says, 'Don't drink!' : ).

Here's to all of us finding our way through this -- cheers (with my newly beloved pomegranate, oj, 7 up and crushed ice in hand...yum yum)

Comment

Working...
          X