Bad Stomach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad Stomach

I just started taking the supplements and I have been bothered all day long with an upset stomach. With a lot of belching. Is this a result of the supplements? Has anyone else experienced this? Does anyone know which one is most likely to cause this? I might as well be hung over. LOL
    "PAIN IS JUST WEAKNESS LEAVING THE BODY!" USMC

Bad Stomach

Hi there,

I personally haven't experienced this but I've heard a lot of people have had challenges with the milk thistle........

Just wanted to bump the thread up to see if someone else can help.........good luck!
    Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
    :h

Comment

Bad Stomach

It could be any of the supplements; this usually goes away after a few days.
      Goal 1: Today
      Goal 2: Tomorrow

Comment

Bad Stomach

Hi Shelby~

What are you taking?

Vitamin B Complex will haunt me all day long if I don't have it with food- normally have at bedtime and I do okay.....

Do you have food when you pop 'em? That might help, too. By any chance, do you take Cinnamon Capsules? Cinnamon is good for your metabolism, and if you burp it up, it's like an internal breath mint!

Patty
        Tampa, FL

Comment

Bad Stomach

I am taking all the supps in the starter kit from MWO, following the recommended dosage in the book. Patty, you are hysterical! I drank the All One with juice this am and took the pills. Then I did not eat anything with the mid-morning dose of supps, or the after noon dose. It just kept getting worse. I finally took some pepcid ac and it seems to have calmed down. I am off to a huge challenge. My husband and I are going to sing Karaoke and I plan to stay AF. Thanks for the help

Comment

Bad Stomach

Shelby, you can sing Karaoke sober??????????? *I* thought I had to be wasted to do that!!! :H
            Noelle sez "Do want you like, like what you do. Life is Good."

Comment

Bad Stomach

Karoke? Oh dear. I hope you don't buurrrp through "My Way" :giggle:
              sigpic

Comment

Bad Stomach

Patty,

Can you take that Cinnamon on an empty stomach? I heard it stabilizes blood sugar too!

Myheart
                Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it's cowardice.
                - George Jackson

Comment

Bad Stomach

My heart,
                  It is supposed to stabilize sugar metabolism! Officially, you are supposed to take cinnamon with meals, but I really do pop one with the vitamins that make me burp......

My worst supplement was the Fish Oil..... OMG, it didn't matter if I took that one with or without food..... little Charlie Tuna would settle into my stomach and swim around all day, with a periscope extended into my throat.... and when Charlie wanted to, he'd blow into that periscope and ... gag city!
                  Maybe this isn't ladylike, but the best burp in the world results from beer- doesn't matter if it's AF or Miller Lite, I love those bottom of the diaphram, healthy, crisp burps....

One time I took a Fish Oil WITH a beer.... to see if that made it better? Nope, it was just meatier. :H
                  Even cinnamon wouldn't stop Charlie, so I take Flaxseed Oil now...

Patty
                  Tampa, FL

Comment

Bad Stomach

Patty,

A word of advice on fish oil supplements, freeze them. Just keep them in your freezer and swallow them frozen with a cold drink, this way by the time they melt they are further down the digestive tract. I just sure hope this doesn't cause fish farts or anything, I'm pretty sure it doesn't but you can let me know! I can't take fish oil because I bruise easily but this was the advice I was given for my husband who takes the Omega Brite fish oil. Also there are two brands that are like candy, one is Sunkist and the other is a little squeeze packet, it's like a little mini pudding they sell that one at all the health food stores......they both tase great actually.

I have high blood sugar and have to watch that so I am starting on the cinammon. It is supposed to promote weight loss by increasing the metabolism, stabilize blood sugar, reduce belly fat, improve digestion, reduce bacterial and fungal infections and lower cholesterol....and it's gotta be good for the breath!

Myheart
                    Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it's cowardice.
                    - George Jackson

Comment

Bad Stomach

MyHeartIsDrenchedInWine;300988 wrote: Patty,

A word of advice on fish oil supplements, freeze them. Just keep them in your freezer and swallow them frozen with a cold drink, this way by the time they melt they are further down the digestive tract. I just sure hope this doesn't cause fish farts or anything, I'm pretty sure it doesn't but you can let me know!
                      Myheart
                      LMAO!

It's worth a try.... they are growing gills in my medicine cabinet as I write this.... will let you know.

I'll take one tonight with hot dogs and beans.

Patty
                      Tampa, FL

Comment

Bad Stomach

Patty!! LOL!!

The fish oil capsules don't bother me for some reason.

Anyone try beano? It really, really works.....at least for me.
                        Noelle sez "Do want you like, like what you do. Life is Good."

Comment

Bad Stomach

ROFLMArseO!! fish farts!!!! I did read that it is best if you take fish oil things with food that contains some fat. I take herbs on empty stomach and supps like milti, B, C, calcium, and oils and all that jazz with food.
                          sigpic
                          Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Bad Stomach

Noelle;300688 wrote: Shelby, you can sing Karaoke sober??????????? *I* thought I had to be wasted to do that!!! :H
                            Noelle, I don't NEED the liquid courage to sing. Somehow, the karaoke and drinking just go hand in hand. I am happy to say that I was successful AF last night! I drank Sharps for awhile and then switched to club soda with lime. I threw the young waiter when towards the end of the night, I ordered hot tea and lemon, because my throat was getting scratchy. Gosh, I was behaving like a true singer! I am so thankful that Illinois went smoke-free in all public places in January. My husband got uncomfortable with his intoxication in the face of my being sober. He got a little cranky and said, "I don't like it when you are sober and I am drunk." I let it hurt my feelings for the moment, because he was not acknowledging my accomplishment, but his discomfort. I got over it very quickly. I am very proud of myself and amazed at how easy it was. We discussed it this morning and he apologized for being a jerk. My more difficult time will be the week nights after work where I love to come home and lose myself in a bottle of wine, usually pinot grigio, but occassionally a good cabernet. That's on the rare days when I eat red meat. LOL Well, today is a new day. I feel good about yesterday, despite my tummy. I will try to eat before taking the supplements today and see if that makes a difference. Thanks for all your support and good advice. I appreciate it. I will be lurking throughout the day and I will check back later.

Comment

Bad Stomach

shelby,
                              I know if I take Calcium, B Vitamins or my multi vitamin without food, I will feel queasy after about an hour. YUCK....even one piece of toast fixes that for me.

Awesome job remaining AF while out! Good for you!
                              Striving to live life without ALCOHOL

Comment

Working...
                              X