well i got through it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well i got through it

so today is 10 days AF and i still havent started the supps, cd's or read the book because i havent recieved them. so it has been cold turkey so far. i have made it through saying no to my friends and the holiday at my family's. i have been feeling great. today was a rough one though. i had an 11 hour class that was 2 hrs from my home so as you all know what is the normally thought process after a day like that..... man i'd like a drink to unwhine, right? and then I receicve an email from my ex who i left because he was the main reason I starting drinking so heavily the past 2 yrs. plus his family is the biggest assholes ever that try to break everyone down to hide their own disfunctional issues. anyway after the long class, long drive and bullcrap email i was ready to blow! i really had to fight the old feeling of "i know how to fix this, stop at the liquor store." well long story short i didnt drink and i am glad but i am still thinking about it. i had to let it out somehow so here i am rambling to all of you. thanks for listening. :upset:

well i got through it

Me finding you

Hi, I had the same sort of challenges today too and this is only my 3rd. day!! I just started reading the book this morning and am guzzling liquid B vitamins until my supplies arrive.
    Good for you and me too! A big hug to you!!:h

Comment

well i got through it

WTG findingme... Just remember, in the morning you'll love yourself even more for being sober and dealing with it... Just deal with it tomorrow... Have a relaxing cup of decaf tea... put your feet up.... light a candle... and listen to a relaxing CD....

:l
      P.S. You can't love if you don't love yourself... :heart:

As you wander through life, sister/brother, whatever be your goal, keep your eye upon the donut, and not upon the hole.
      - Sign in the Mayflower Coffee Shop, Chicago

Comment

well i got through it

Finding Me - You Rock!!!!
        Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
        :h

Comment

well i got through it

good job finding,im glad u got through the stressful situation.

congrats on ur 10 days

Comment

well i got through it

FindingMe~

Way to go.... and for those of you at day 4 or 5, wondering if it's possible to get to day 10.... well, there she is! :groupluv:

:heart:

Patty
            Tampa, FL

Comment

well i got through it

Great job findingme!
              Marcie

Comment

well i got through it

Great news findingme!!

What was so positive about your post, apart from the fact that you have been sober for 10 days with no supps etc,:rockon: was that you are recognizing triggers and dealing with them.
                I believe the habitual behavior patterns we have learned in the past are something we DO have to be careful of and try and change in ourselves.

Again Well done on 10 days sober

Love and Happiness
                Hippie
                xx
                "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
                Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

well i got through it

:goodjob:

well done
                  there is no shame in losing a fight,, only in winning

Comment

well i got through it

thanks for the support everyone. i felt rested, renewed and ready for day 11 when awoke. i got through the bad day sober and i feel great about it! its funny how getting on here and just letting it out really does help. even if you are posting and not chating. thanks to all my new freinds, i hope i can be there for you as well. ohh and barebones you are there everytime and i owe you a pm still. sry for the delay. good luck everyone! hugs

Comment

Working...
                    X