Another Newbie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Newbie

hi there miss m ..welcome again we met last night in chat just wanted to hi again .peace god bless
    :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
    best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Another Newbie

Miss M, congrats on your decision to get help.

When I joined my goal was to Mod. For a few years, drinking away from home wasn't a problem because I always had to drive. It was drinking at home that really got out of hand, so I thought I would just stop myself from drinking at home. But when I committed to the first 30 days as AF I was scared. Everyday I was constintly thinking, gee can I try it today? But thankfully kept chickening out. Thought, ok, I try to reach 60 days and rethink my approach. Well, as the AF days racked up, I just felt so good. So many things changed for me physically and mentally. So when I finally committed to just living an AF life a lot of stress lifted off my shoulders. I wasn't obsessed with the question of when can I drink again. Someone on the this site said awhile ago that it's 50 times easier to go AF then to Mod. I found that out to be true as well.

But the beautiful thing about this site is finding your own way out. So if Mod is your goal then go for it. Just do yourself a favor and get as many AF days under your belt first. You may just look at your situation in an entirely different way when you do.

Good luck to you. We are here for you.

Love, Me
      :l
      Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

Another Newbie

I love my white wine too !

Welcome miss m !

We could be twins. I too have a love affair with AL (white wine also). I also cannot stop at one or two. I just continue until the bottle is finished.

I have pictures of wine bottle and wine glasses, and dinner settings hung up all over my kitchen and living room walls. I have beautiful wine glasses, dish towels, pot holders, candles holders, and coasters.....all with the pictures of wine, wine glasses, grapes etc. I too love sitting outside on my deck with a glass of wine by my pool. How could I ever live without drinking my wine at night with dinner. I don't know. I have tried myself to only drink on the weekends, but I have been starting up during the week again here and there.

So today I have commited myself to 30 days AF starting tonight. After 30 days, I'm going to see how I feel after that and then decide what to do.

Good luck to you in your goal to moderate, and once again welcome to MWO. You'll love this place.
        Miss October :blinkylove:

Comment

Working...
        X