I'm back!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm back!

Well, its been a little while since I've been here. I've gone back to my old ways and am starting to wonder if I will ever get rid of this addiction. I did so well in December almost made it through the whole month and I really felt awesome, then the craving creeped up on me and I caved. Crying out loud why can't I just quit. I think I start to get scared that I will have to fight the craving forever and then I just cave. Does it ever get better? I know when I quit smoking it took awhile before the craving was gone. I only pray that this stinkin addiction will evetually fade too. So here I go again on Day 1 af for me. Maybe just maybe this will be it and I will never have to repeat day one again.

Twosox28

I'm back!

Hi, Twosox.... Do you have any kids?
    If so, after giving birth to my first one, I remember thinking...
    THAT is the MOST PAINFUL experience EVER. NEVER AGAIN.
    Well, I had three more.

My point is that our brains our very forgiving of "pain", and when we feel better, we forget the real pain. So after a spell of being AF, the brain thinks, "Twosox, you really never had a problem. See how good you feel today? Sure, you can have a beer".... and here we are back at day 1.

I'm not sure if the addiction ever goes away, I think we just have to manage it.

:welcome: Welcome back

Patty
    Tampa, FL

Comment

I'm back!

LOL NH H-HL! That is soooooo true!

Two Sox - for me the cravings have retreated to a little mouse voice instead of a lion. I can ignore a mouse. So can you.
      The untold want, by life and land ne?er granted,
      Now, Voyager, sail thou forth, to seek and find.

W Whitman

90+ days yay!

Comment

Working...
      X