I hope I can do this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope I can do this

Well today starts day 1. I had an awful night last night and its come to a head. I had to stop drinking I am dependant on it. I sometimes want drinks at 10 in the morning. It has become a controling factor over me. I can't imagine not drinking, but I have become unpredictable when I drink. I hate myself for needing to drink.

I hope I can do this

Welcome, Fishy....

Yes, you CAN do this... day one has to be sometime, right? Recognizing that you need to address you drinking is a huge hurdle, and you've crossed it.

Time to get back into control of your happiness.
    Much love,

Patty
    Tampa, FL

Comment

I hope I can do this

:welcome:Fishbk!
      You have come to an incredible place for support and assistance. Please take some time and read over the posts, particularly in the "just starting out" pages, and you will find you are NOT alone! Many of us have come here just as you, finding ourselves at a point of NO RETURN. This is the basis of My Way Out.
      The important part, I believe, is that you have now made a decision to make a major change in your lifestyle. Here you will find a lot of information to help you in making that change, from information on suppliments that may help you through the cravings and urges, meds to help through withdrawal, to suggetions on holistic approaches. Of course, read RJ's book! Get on here with questions, comments, and concerns. Don't be bashful about posting your thoughts, etc. The one big difference is that you will not get lectures on here, just support and encouragement. As this is a world wide community, you will find domeone on here about 24 hours a day, there is a chat room that can be very helpfull when you need to talk and get something off your chest.
      If you are married or in a long-term relationship, you might want to think about your S/O and talking to them about your decision. Sometimes S/O's can be a person's greatest support system. You might also talk with your dr, if he/she is someone you feel you can confide in.
      You CAN do this! and I look forward to talking with you at some point in the future! lots of good people on here, make some new friends, and let us help you make the changes you are looking for.
      Stay Strong!
      BHOG
      War isn't working. Let's try Peace!

Comment

I hope I can do this

We all hated ourselves when we were there. You are worthy of our efforts. Believe in your success, because it is possible with the support here.
        My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

I hope I can do this

That's the first step Fishbk, really admitting you have a problem.

I'll cut to the chase here with you......the book that Roberta Jewell wrote as a companion to MWO is free only until the end of the day. Go to the Health area and you can download it. It's easy and it will help you more than you could ever imagine. And no, I don't get paid to say this.....I just know in my heart that I never would be doing as well as I am without this site.
          Noelle sez "Do want you like, like what you do. Life is Good."

Comment

I hope I can do this

hi there..fishbk..welcome and great job on your first step getting help .this is a grea site for support read alot post any or all of your questions and like noelie get the book . do your best . and remember you are the only one that can make the change.. good luck and god bless
            :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
            best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

I hope I can do this

Welcome Fishbk..!

I think the biggest point made was... there are no lectures here... ! I wouldn't be AF this long (or even 2 days I think) without this forum...

:welcome:
              P.S. You can't love if you don't love yourself... :heart:

As you wander through life, sister/brother, whatever be your goal, keep your eye upon the donut, and not upon the hole.
              - Sign in the Mayflower Coffee Shop, Chicago

Comment

I hope I can do this

Its hard because I see how much it has adjusted my life, but then I try to picture not drinking and its always in my head. I wish I could take away all that I have done and to people I have done it to. I would justify myself saying well I was upset at this, or I am a stay a home mom now when are my days off. The point is I need to be a better wife and mother and alcohol is stopping me from that.

Comment

I hope I can do this

fishbk :welcome:

You've gotten a lot of great advise already. I think BHOG sums it up best.

But please don't think that you are bad person. And please don't hate yourself. We have all been there and had these same thoughts, but negative thoughts have never helped any of us.

One day at a time. It's not just a saying, it's a way of life. Don't worry about picturing yourself not drinking. Just tell yourself that for today you are not going to drink. Tomorrow say it again. But for today....just worry about today. This moment...right now. You can do it and we will help.

Best of luck to you. I look forward to hearing more about you.

Love, Me
                  :l
                  Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

I hope I can do this

Thankful's SO right, Fishy... just a day at a time. Tomorrow, you have the freedom to make a different choice, but just for today.... drink water. Don't just

You aren't a horrible woman, or uncaring mother, or selfish wife... you were lured into the magic of alcohol and were caught- hook, line, and sinker (ha ha)... but recently there's been a point where that worm doesn't taste too good, huh? :huh:

My favorite line here is, I am sick and tired of being sick and tired.... Easy for me to remember when that creepy alcoholic pirhanna is lurking in the muddy waters....

We will be here for you on your journey, and this virtual family you are joining is a wonderful group... sometimes we fight like brothers and sisters, but at the end of the day, we only fight because we care about each other.... so stay close, and share as you feel more comfortable, okay? It will only be a matter of time before you are swimming next to the next fishy, coaxing them along...

Much love,:heart:

Patty
                    Tampa, FL

Comment

I hope I can do this

Hi Fishy,
                      :welcome:
                      I remember being told by a life coach I had....There are plenty of people in this world to say negative words to you....be kind to yourself....
                      We all have been there, be proud of yourself, you have taking the first step. :goodjob:
                      You will find all the love and support to help you in your journey.
                      There is always someone to talk to....
                      Hope to get to know you better.
                      Gail

Comment

Working...
                      X