New her at MWO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New her at MWO

Just curious, I am not sure I want to do the Rx part. I have the book, CD's and L Glut, GABA, niacin, B's, milk thislte and Kudzo. Will this still help me moderate my wine intake? I don't black out but I definitely drink too much wine.....I took the supplements today and have listened to the CD's (except, I keep falling asleep to them....do they work if you are asleep? I have been so busy the only time I have listened to them is at night.) And, I am on my first glass of wine. I don't think I will drink the whole bottle like normal, but I am definitely wanting to drink some......don't have the whole not thinking about alcohol thing going today.:new:

I just want to think of it like butter like the author talked about. How freeing would that be?

The Rx sounds good for the weight loss and such but I am so anti precription drugs and I don't have a doctor I see regularly and wouldn't want that on my medical records anyway. The author states to go thru a doctor.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks, Baja

New her at MWO

Welcome Baja!

I forgot the butter analogy. Thanks for the reminder. I hope you enjoy and benefit from the site as much as I have.

Comment

New her at MWO

Hi Baja...!

:welcome:

I'm not a drug person either.. I'm just going cold turkey.. but drinking herbal tea at night.. Besides, I'm already skinny so don't need to lose weight.. :P

One that puts me to sleep is Tension Tamer by Celestial Seasonings.... I haven't done Kudzo, or any of the other meds... I do take supps tho that I already have.. I would love to try the CD's, but the budget is more than low here .. lol..

You can do whatever you put your mind to!!
      P.S. You can't love if you don't love yourself... :heart:

As you wander through life, sister/brother, whatever be your goal, keep your eye upon the donut, and not upon the hole.
      - Sign in the Mayflower Coffee Shop, Chicago

Comment

New her at MWO

Welcome!

If you are consistent with the supplements and you have the right mindset, which it sounds like you do, then yes you will be able to reduce your wine intake. The CDs really help a lot too and it is okay if you fall asleep listening to them; the information is still sinking into your brain.

If you are really interested in the prescription meds without having them on your medical record you can purchase them online without a prescription.

I love the butter analogy too! :welcome:
        I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

New her at MWO

Hi Baja!
          Welcome! Glad you are starting with all the right stuff...book, CD's and supps. That is all I have used, no meds. Nearly 90 days AF and feeling really great and not missing alcohol hardly ever!

Modding is a personal decision.....for each person. I started with the idea that I would MOD....I came to realize that AF was a far better decison for me. One thing I would suggest, as RJ strongly recomends, and that is give yourself at least 30 days AF, before attempting to MOD. It seems that those that have had the most success with MODs have followed this suggestion.

Best Wishes to You!
          KateH
          A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

New her at MWO

Welcome baja!
            Nov 1 2006 avg 100 - 120 drinks/week
            April 29 2011 TSM avg 70 - 80/wk
            wks* 1- 6: 256/1AF (avg 42.6/wk)
            wks* 7-12: 229/3AF (avg 38.1/wk)
            wks 13-18: 192/5AF (avg 32.0/wk)
            wks 19-24: 176/1AF (avg 29.3/wk)
            wks 25-30: 154/10AF (avg 25.6/wk)
            wks 31-36: 30/37AF (avg 5/wk )

I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday.
            http://www.thesinclairmethod.net/community/

Comment

Working...
            X