I start tomorrow...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I start tomorrow...

It's all arrived! Just had two days of no drinking (rare) but today I had this 'ooh it's my last day...' thing going on.... mad. Anyway, all my supps are prepared for the next week in my little boxes. Feels a bit of an anticlimax... don't know why - maybe cos I'm scared I'll do my usual - I get all motivated, then after a while me motivation goes out the window..... I guess it would be a good idea to put how much this has cost me (in GBP's) by my computer at work... so it reminds me and I don't let it go to waste!!!!!!

I'm also worried I'm expecting too much... Happened with the anti-d's - years I was not great - then when I decided I was depressed - or actually, when I KNEW I was I didn't want to take tablets/go to the docs... in the end I realised that I may have too... when I did - did they work? well, not like I'd expected..... patience is a virtue - so they say!

I NEED this to work - My Ma and Pa met in a pub - don't know how he drinks now as they split when I was two - but my Mum likes a bottle or two - mind you - it's quite weak wine - 7%! Nats pee! But... I HAVE gone down to 11.5%/12% the odd time - still... it's such a waste

Anyway - nuff of the self pity Tomorrow is Day 1. Gonna go to bed tonight with the first hyno cd and take it from there. I'm not intending to Abs but mod would be fantastic. Also got the CD about social drinking.... need that! Today my mother said that at my nephews communion in two weeks my step dad would drive so 'we can drink - we'll probably need it....!' I said nothing....

No need to reply to this fellow mwo's .... Just to type this and offload is major. Course I'll be reporting back, even if no one's listening Paranoid - Moi? never!!

Thks for this board - thanks RJ for your book, your research, your time on this board and well.... this place seems to have attracted alot of very nice, down to earth, caring people... (and I've been on a few boards!!!!!)

It's 23.17 in the UK right now - think I miss out on the old chat room cos of the time difference.....

Think that's it... Gonna take my first Calms Forte before I hit the sack and do my hyno CD....

Night night campers....

I start tomorrow...

Hey Hadenuf! Congrats on 2 days, that's great! I work nights here in the US, & I'm a total night owl, so watch for the chat if ya can't sleep. I'm around at all different hours!
    I've tried just about everything there is,... before finding this program. :rolleyes I'm doing better these last 5 months than I ever could have dreamed possible! :rollin I really think if you're ready to make a change, this is an excellent place to begin. The "tools" & support available here are second to none. I can't say enough about this... Jump right in go for it! Hugs, Judie

My thanks again to RJ & everyone involved in creating this program, I really do feel like a new person(kinda like the "Old Me") that I used to know & love.. before I lost her...:rolleyes

Comment

I start tomorrow...

Hi Hadenuf!

I know it's not my job to make up your plan for you, but since you've managed to put two days together, I know you can do more. I think moderation is a great think, heck, it's what I want for myself! I do think, however, that if you can give yourself some sober time, it will give you a perspective on what you would like your relationship with alcohol to really be like. YOu might surprise yourself with what you find out!!

I don't want to say much more than that, because I just hate it when people try to tell me what to do, but I hope you will give just a little thought to what I have said, because I think you're worth giving some thought to!

I completely understand your wanting to get a little zonked tonight now that you've got everything together!! Good luck with your plan!

Kathy

Comment

I start tomorrow...

wont start tomorrow

be careful of these sups. I have had bad effects of being super hyper and like Becca drinking more than usual.

Get a doctor opinion and be careful of antidepressants.

Thank you.

Comment

I start tomorrow...

Re: wont start tomorrow

Thx Judie, Kath and Pebs (sorry if I got your names wrong... can't see the screen at the mo).

If a revelation happens I'll defo be reporting back in the meantime everything is going according to plan - no - lie - not quite - still drinking... but am not stressing and seeing how I feel about it as I got along. Got a little password protected excel spreadsheet at work that I'm tapping into from time to time with updated feelings/reports etc.

Early daze.....

OXO

Comment

I start tomorrow...

Re: wont start tomorrow

We're pulling for ya, Hadenuf

Comment

I start tomorrow...

hey friend...i start tomorrow (today) too. good luck to us both. i am scared too. just have the meds...not the supps...will order them after payday.
              peace out.
              keep in touch!!

Comment

Working...
              X