New Girl On The Block

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Girl On The Block

I guess I am the new girl Hello My name is Taffy and I think I am at the right place to get some help and direction.
    I am 57 and have been married for 41 years to my childhood sweetheart. We have 2 daughters and 5 precious grandchildren..

I know I drink to much just like I eat to much !
    I think I have an addictive personality which is no excuse but maybe a reason ?

I need help and I hope I can get it here ?? :new::

New Girl On The Block

I am confused because I thought i would at least get a welcome ?

I may not be at the right place after all?

Jack and Coke is way more friendly than this place !

Comment

New Girl On The Block

patience dearie! you are in a good place. :welcome: you will get lots of information, advice and support here! Glad to have you aboard. Start reading!
      sigpic
      Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

New Girl On The Block

greeneyes, I will take a look around but I do not have patience and I am certainly not your dearie !

Comment

New Girl On The Block

HI Taffy:

Welcome:

You are in the right place as there are lots of helpful folks here. Do you have any specific questions? Have you ordered the My Way Out book? Since this site is celebrating it's 3rd birthday, the book is free through today . . . and it's really worth reading.

I'll be on line for another bit, so let me know if there's anything I can help you with, OK?
          Again, :welcome:
          AFH

Comment

New Girl On The Block

Hi Taffy, :welcome:
            Welcome, I have found this site to be wonderful. Great people all willing to listen and help. There's a chat room if you want to talk immediately with someone.
            Maybe try reading the posts, lots of support and good advice.
            Nice to meet you, hope you give it a try a bit longer.
            Good luck
            Gail

Comment

New Girl On The Block

My apologies Taffy. I did not mean to offend you. Only to offer my hand. I will help you in any way I can as will many others. Just ask and try to be patient.
              sigpic

Comment

New Girl On The Block

About The Book

I would love to read the book if it is free . Let me know how to get it .

I am sorry I was rude to Greeneyes . (sorry) :upset:
                Nothing I do makes sense these days . I am a nice person !

Comment

New Girl On The Block

It's OK, Taffy. Sometimes we are not quite ourself. I'm sure you are a nice person. Let's move on and get you on the road here. go to the general section and read the first post. It' a "sticky" from RJ. she directs you to the health store for a free download of her book and today is THE LAST DAY for a free download. You'll have to register at the store. Look at the top of this page and you'll see it.
                  sigpic

Comment

New Girl On The Block

taffy

hi there and welcome i joined only yesterday and already i have had so much help from well strangers. everyone here is really nice. and willing to help..

ive been af for 5 days now. and going through some tuff times but the people here help me through my problems.. it sounds weird and i didnt expected it when i joined up. but i wish i new about this place along time ago..

good luck. and hope you find the answers your searching for..

karl :welcome:

an alcoholic is someone you don't like, that drinks as much as you do

Comment

New Girl On The Block

I really need a place to vent and get advice . I am a mess . I have issues from childhood .
                      I need a soft place to let my voice finally be heard .

Comment

New Girl On The Block

well you have come to the right place. people dont judge you here. for example read some of the storys of other members, some full on stuff. and people read them and try there best to give an answer

im new here too. and i think its a wonderful place to let your emotions run wild.

an alcoholic is someone you don't like, that drinks as much as you do

Comment

New Girl On The Block

Taffy: If you click on Health Store at the top of the screen and select Book and CD fromthe menu on the left hand side of the page, you will see the second entry is the downloadable version of the book which has a note in red on the bottom stating that it is free for a limited time.

I'd do that now, since I believe the offer ends today March 31st. - otherwise it's 12.95.
                          Then come back and talk to us, OK?
                          AFH

Comment

New Girl On The Block

hi there..taffy..welcome. this is a great place for support we are all here for you. read alot post any or all of your questions.and yes you have to have patients nothing happen over night .so stay strong drink lots of water. make sure you are eating right . and you may find what you need . if not there is also AA meeting you can go to for more help. and remember only you can make that change ..good luck and god bless
                            :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                            best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

New Girl On The Block

Getting drunk is an easy way to kill the pain . I know it is wrong but it is legal and I am guilty ~!

Comment

Working...
                              X