Day 3 AF!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 3 AF!!

Today is day 3, it's been a nice two days without needing to hold a beer or glass of wine in my hand. I read in another thread about cravings vs urges. I tell you something I think Thankful is absolutley right, we really need to change how we think, after we get passed the first few days of cravings, it really is mostly urges. I remember how hard it was to quit smoking, everyone saying after a few days, the craving passes, but the urges didn't. It took months before they passed and even still I would once in awhile get the urge to have a cig, that lasted for almost a year, now I can't believe I ever smoked. So I want to say Thank you Thankful for a great post, really got my thinking and realizing we can beat this.

:l Twosox

Day 3 AF!!

Happy Tuesday, Two Sox! You are so right about the mind games we must play to stay sober... but hey, if they work, that's all that matters!

I hope your are looking forward to the strange dreams.... last night I was at a work meeting in my silky nighty, and I was trying to give a presentation, but everyone kept staring at my boobs, and finally my boss commented on how nice "they" look when they aren't restrained.
    DREAM! DREAM! DREAM! :H I woke up thinking that I gotta get a new bra

P.S. One of the "after" things about me is.... nightgowns~ I have a bunch, but 6 months ago, they stayed in the drawer and my pjs consisted of baggy t-shirts and sweatpants.... little thing, but, today, it makes me feel better when I'm going to bed sober and sexy, and not drunk and sloppy ...

Patty
    Tampa, FL

Comment

Day 3 AF!!

Happy Tuesday to you too Happy Life. My dream was terrible last night, I drempt that my husband and his very good friend were trying to kill me and I kept hitting his friend in the head with a baseball bat and then I remember feeling horrible because I didn't want to hurt him but had no choice. I cetainly hope my dreams are a little better tonight. I have to admit I love my boxer shorts and oversized shirts when I go to bed, they are soooo comfy!

Twosox

Comment

Day 3 AF!!

LMAO! He probably deserved it !

Patty
        Tampa, FL

Comment

Day 3 AF!!

WELL DONE TWOSOX!!! I'm impressed with your progress. With regards to Thankfuls thread the other day, it made me check what makes my al mind tick. So on day 1 af(yesterday!!!) I decided to do something therapeutic to ponder on this. I painted my verrry long garden fence and realised that it was a very stubborn nagging voice inside that wouldn't let up, you know like a child that won't take no for an answer. But I refused to give in, so here I go again. Good luck and keep up the good work! Best wishes Elsie17

Comment

Day 3 AF!!

Elsie,

Bet the fence looks great! Still hangin in there, good luck to you today. I do know what that little voice is like that just won't listen to the word NO, but then again I should be used to it, I have three children that do the same on occasions, but I have to admitt their not as persistant as that stinkin, rotten, no good, lousy voice in my head that tries to convince me I need a drink. Hopefully, after 1,000 or so No's it will give up.

Twosox

Comment

Working...
            X