April Showers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

April Showers

We are retiring March Madness as the Month has closed out. BHOG as agreed to share April Showers with me in bringing as much inspiration as we can to Wash Clean your start on an AF April! If you slip - do not stop coming by this thread - this is a thread for words of wisdom - your wisdom is what gives us all a push to get up and do it again TODAY! So grap a sticky post em pad - write down the motivation for today - carry it with you where ever you go and lets WASH THE DIRTY AL/ALICE out of our lives! One day at a time!

Liv & BHOG

So here we go ....

April 1 Post em sticky note

Arise and Shine!

We are going to Fool AL/Alice by going this first day of April Alcohol Free. NO MATTER WHAT your day brings. A/AliceL will be waiting to snare - but it will not happen. We are going to ARISE AND SHINE on this day and focus on the fact that is is a new month and we are going to start it out on the right foot. So ... Arise and Shine!
    AF since Jan. 1, 2008 .... It all began right here

Raise your hopeful voice, you have a choice, you made it now.

(from the Movie "Once")

April Showers

thanks Liv!!! :l:l:h You keep the cat dancing!!
    :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

April Showers

:rays: I'm so glad you guys have teamed up to keep the daily stickies coming!! I've arisen, not too shiny today, but I'm going for it!!:lordhelpme:
      The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

April Showers

Thanks Liv for the support and inspiration!
        ~Laura

Insanity
        : doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results................... Albert Einstein

Comment

April Showers

Thanks Liv and BHOG..

I'm going to try and come here every day and get inspired, motivated and focused on the task at hand..being AF and staying AF..

Along the way, I'll try to come up with some inspiring words to share on this thread.

Thanks again,

Riker
          Do or Do Not, There is No Try - Yoda

Comment

April Showers

i am sober still!

:earth: i'm grounded and ready for April! :heartsnflowers: Not much choice for Ripples..:clown: Working on my last court order...:confusedmonkey: will be a total of 8 months sober by the time its all complete! I'm coming along for the ride. :goodtime: I can't wait! :stomper:

Comment

April Showers

Hi

Hi Dex - I think this is "your" time ........ April is it!
              Mimi - you changed your user name - It did take me off guard as I came back from vacation and the site had new toys to play with! Sweet!
              laura - Hey sweetie - glad to see you found April Showers!
              Rike - Jump on with April Showers. Post your thoughts and wisdom here!
              Rip - Always great to have you near! You are really racking up the months now baby! Yahoo! I won't catch you - but I am chasing you!

Liv

(from the Movie "Once")

Comment

April Showers

Post em Note for April 2

Sticky Note to put in your pocket for April 2

NO

It?s one of the few words that can never be mis-understood. Can you imagine the fear that would strike you in an operating room if when anesthetic was administered someone said ?This just isn?t my day?. Let your NO be No today. Be Clear with your NO. When Al/Alice come calling let him/her hear you loud and clear ........... NO
                . (and when someone wants to load you up with things you don't need to do - let that be NO too!)

(from the Movie "Once")

Comment

April Showers

Hi all. Bet you thought I wasn't coming. NO CHANCE!!!!! Don't know what I'd do without the message for the day.
                  Glad to see you and BHOG are joining forces. This is one mighty thread!

Comment

April Showers

Hi guys

Can I join in? Missed March madness, had no computer but need all the re-inforcement I can get as I am determined to do 30+ days in April. On day 4 and feeling good. Have dusted off the cd's and am using them again. Dont know if they help or not and find them very time consuming. How does everyone else find them?

Rustop

Comment

April Showers

Rustop, Riker- Glad you both have decided to join us for this month! It's a great ride!

Dexterhead..How bout letting the cat sink her claws into AL and chase him away? That would certainly tell AL NO!

Ripple! You brought party favors and everything! YIPPEE!!

FinallyRN, LauraV & LVT25! Really good to have you loyal supporters on board for April!

Liv, thanks for bringing up one of my favorite words!
                      NO-is considered to be a "negative" word. It can however, be the most freeing word in English! Too often, we are encouraged to "play nice" or "get along," which can mean added stress and tightly wired triggers. I use NO often, not to make people unhappy, but to keep the load on me in manageable levels, and to keep my ex-girlfiend ALice in her place!

We have April showers in Utah today!

BHOG
                      War isn't working. Let's try Peace!

Comment

April Showers

Good morning all!! Thanks for the NO thanks, Liv. I'm getting ready for day 2 of babysitting for my friend's grandson. Babies are soooo nice, but I'm glad he goes home at night so I get to sleep all night. Will be awhile before I have any grandkids--so I'm really enjoying this.

Rustop---personally I think the cd's DO help. I bought some to quit smoking also. I have no way of knowing for sure, but something is working (prob a combination of things). I do have trouble working the cd program in the proper order, and rarely have time to do it undisturbed--I'm working on this. I find them VERY relaxing and almost always fall asleep.
                        Good luck to you!
                        The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

April Showers

Good Day!
                          I am feeling great today. I am officially into the double digits! #10 for me.:yay:
                          Tonight is bunko which usually means 'drunko'. Since I am hosting I do not have to worry about someone offering me a drink. Should be interesting seeing everyone else get drunk. :H Not feeling tempted which I am grateful for.
                          ~Laura

Insanity
                          : doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results................... Albert Einstein

Comment

April Showers

I agree, BHOG.. No is often taken as the most negative of negatives.. let's try it in the positive:

No, thank you. I'm looking forward to waking up with a smile on my face
                            No, not today. I think more of myself and I only have to think of today.
                            No, but I appreciate it. However, I don't drink. A nice glass of sparkeling water would be fantastic.
                            NO FUCKING WAY.. oops, that one just slipped out - I seem to have a bee in my bonnet today..

I am so glad that you are continuing this thread. I just bought a new pad of brightly colored paisly post-ums. I would have to find a new project had you not started April's thread. That would have been ugly...

Have a wonderful day!

MM
                            Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

April Showers

April 3 Post em

April 3 Sticky Note

Flee Temptation & leave no forwarding address!

Watch out for temptation - the more you see of it the better it looks.

What we see on billboards, what we hear and see on television becomes a part of our hidden memory bank, forming background information for justifying our behavior. If what you?re seeing isn?t want you want to do ? change the channel! Today just be aware of how many messages are bombarding you with slick words of temptation. Being aware of the enemy is the first defense!

A great day to all!
                              Liv

(from the Movie "Once")

Comment

Working...
                              X