April Showers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

April Showers

Thanks for this, and thanks for telling me as a new commer to check out April Showers. As promised, it IS inspirational. Matt
    Matt

Comment

April Showers

Hi Liv,
      Laura is doing very well today, thank you for asking!
      How are you?

Welcome Matthen.
      ~Laura

Insanity
      : doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results................... Albert Einstein

Comment

April Showers

Welcome Matthen! Laura I am as bloated as a cow today :H - but thanks for asking!
        AF since Jan. 1, 2008 .... It all began right here

Raise your hopeful voice, you have a choice, you made it now.

(from the Movie "Once")

Comment

April Showers

April 6 Post em

April 6 Post em Note

Rest

Medical researchers have recently come to what may seem a common-sense conclusion: a missing ingredient to health may be ?vitamin Zzzzzzzzzzzz? Studies are showing that lack of sleep will drop the immune system by 30%, as measured by natural killer-cell activity. This drip can increase a person?s susceptibility to colds, flu and other aliments. So tonight ? get to bed early ? so you can get what you requested! This is also one ingredient of H.A.L.T. for Ex-Drinkers ?. Beware of these triggers: Don?t get to Hungry, To Angry, Lonely or to TIRED
          !! (If you have trouble sleeping - the calms Forte or Tryptophan help.)

A great Sunday to all!
          Liv

(from the Movie "Once")

Comment

April Showers

Amen Liv!
            Thanks.....
            ~Laura

Insanity
            : doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results................... Albert Einstein

Comment

April Showers

Well, I'm recuperating from my chest cold. I managed to go for a short run this am on the beach. Sun shining, dolphins in the water, surfers, magic. I love the beach. It heals me. It rejuvenates me. I feel like me there. Then I immediately went inside and had an afternoon, Sunday nap. See Livin, I can follow direction!
              Did I tell you I hit 30 days?.... alright, alright, I'll stop.

Comment

April Showers

thank you

Liv,
                Thanks for your wonderful posts the last few days. I have been overwhelmed with busy stuff..so much my computer has hardly been on. But I should be back to normal hopefully tomorrow.
                A big HI to everyone, nice to see so many on here!
                Stay Strong!
                BHOG
                War isn't working. Let's try Peace!

Comment

April Showers

Sticky Note for April 7

April 7 Post Em

The past should be a springboard, not a hammock

Many people are good starters but poor finishers. When the going starts getting tough they listen to the little imp on their shoulder who whispers, “You can’t do it” and “You’ll never make it’. Because of fear, many others do not even start. I wonder if the “Diet” industry started all of this madness? What we must realize is that doing something requires RISK – but doing nothing requires greater RISK. The risk of action may be failure but the risk of inaction can be total loss – to an evil enemy. So today use your past as lessons to make a better today - Not a reason to lay down and do nothing.

Liv

Now the hand off - Tomorrow April Showers brought to you by our very own MR. BHOG!! :wd:

(from the Movie "Once")

Comment

April Showers

FRN

FinallyRN;305717 wrote:
                    Did I tell you I hit 30 days?.... alright, alright, I'll stop.
                    No my dear - you are wrong - YOU ARE OVER 30 days ! Can't you count?? Are we going to have to count them for you! :H:good::rockon::band2::sendinglove:

Liv

PS - can we just call you Fern?? "Finally" sounds like we are scolding you!! RN sounds like a PROPER NOUN - Like "Mrs. Cleaver" .............. :H

(from the Movie "Once")

Comment

April Showers

Liv,

Your sticky this morning could be another sign that you are reading my mind! This last 90 + days has certainly been a major springboard for me, mentally and physically! I do hear that voice saying "You're not good enough" but I have now learned to tell that voice (which sounds just like my mother) to SHUT UP. I am Good Enough, and Worth It.

And as far as calling our 30 days FinallyRN, our comment about RN sounding like a proper name..made me smile. I think of FinallyRN as a very proper person...hehehehehe
                      BHOG

Comment

April Showers

Happy Monday Gang!
                        I had a lazy weekend and it was nice. Now back in the swing of things......
                        ~Laura

Insanity

Comment

April Showers

How did we get shoved down so far?!!:upset:

:wazup:

(from the Movie "Once")

Comment

April Showers

Well let's not let that happen again!!

Comment

April Showers

Stick em for April 8

Hi, everyone!

Here's a thought for today!

Today is the first day of the rest of your life

We've often heard this, but have we every really considered it? Yesterday is done, and we cannot go back and change it; beating ourselves up over something from yesterday is just a waste of time and energy. Tomorrow is not yet here, we can make plans, and dream about tomorrow, but until the sun rises tomorrow we do not know what it may bring.

Today, however, is in OUR hands. We can control what we do today, how we greet each successive opportunity or challenge that may present itself. We control our reaction to the events in today; we control our own feelings and thoughts.

It really is true, particularly in our present context. We control if we decide to lift that glass, or if we decide instead to go for a walk, call a friend, work on a hobby, or get online and read, chat, or post.

So, for today, live today as if it was the first day of the rest of your life. What do you want the rest of your life to be? Live that way today!

Enjoy Life! It certainly beats the alternative!
                              BHOG

Comment

April Showers

Whoop Whoop! I am going to live my life today - exactly the way I want my life to BE!! Thank you BHOG - I needed that today - really needed that. Great day ahead - Full steam!!

Liv

(from the Movie "Once")

Comment

Working...
                                X