April Showers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

April Showers

Maasai - so glad to see you! I was wondering where "in the world" you went!

BHOG - wow this is heavy - and yet light. How can that be so. But I will today - seek Peace. With God first, Myself second and all those I love third.

Peace
    Liv
    AF since Jan. 1, 2008 .... It all began right here

Raise your hopeful voice, you have a choice, you made it now.

(from the Movie "Once")

Comment

April Showers

Maasai, you are an amazing soul, at such a young age. You are my hero. I wish I had had your perspective and attutide when I was in my 20's. You are truly wise beyond your years.

God bless you.

Comment

April Showers

BHOG---

AND ALSO WITH YOU!!!

I'm really late today, busy weekend. (Just got back from picking up my 1970 1/2 Camaro I bought on E-Bay!! How cool is that!!

Hope everyone is doing well--good to have you back maasai!!
        The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

April Showers

thanks everyone, and BHOG, thanks for making us reflect deeply honestly very deep, during my drinking time, my sad moments i hurted lots of people without knowing i couldn't ask for forgiveness since i was a prisonner, and now free i want to take a the day and pray that may you have peace out there so that you can probably forgive me and help me in my journey to recovery, without peace among all you my friends in MWO we cant help each other. may you all find peace in your hearts, souls and mind then we can celebrate our freedom,

Comment

April Showers

Sticky for April 21

Maasai, good to have you back with us! I've missed you..gald to hear you are OK!
            LVT, ok, I'm jeaulous...70 1/2 Camero? I had a 66 Mustang fastback..and a 71 coupe...ah, the good old days...gas was 17 cents a gallon! LOL

Good day to everyone!

Do you ever wonder what all of us are doing here, at MWO? My wife asked that very question yesterday, set me to thinking. What, exactly, are we doing here? In one word, here is an answer. It is not a "complete" description, but it answers, for me, a lot of the question:

EnCOURAGEment!

We spend a lot of our time on here encouraging each other in our chosen paths to success over the Beast. We pick up on the new members, and reach out, tell them our stories, both successes and slips, and hope they find in some way, energy and courage to join in and move beyond alcohol.

We also draw Courage from eveerybody else's post and stories. We pick out those parts that mean something to each of us, those histories and dreams we can relate with, and from those, we learn new strategies of coping and growing within ourselves.

Stay Strong!
            BHOG
            War isn't working. Let's try Peace!

Comment

April Showers

MWO keeps me motivated. Without it, Beating AL would have become like a diet.......stick to it for a month then slowly back to the way I was, gaining back my weight and then some. I have to be here long enough that I know its a lifestyle, and then, at the same time give back........reading stories of struggle put me right back where I was. I hope I never have the arrogance again, to believe I'm "cured" and its over. When I read a member finished 2 bottles and feels like hell, I'm right there with them.
              Thanks BHOG for making me think.

Comment

April Showers

In addition to your comments BHOG and FinallyRN, it is just really easy and convenient. There isn't the massive process of AA which includes, in my opinion, religion, guilt, steps etc. With MWO you just jump on the train and take a ride with the rest of the people. MWO is also "instant". You can tap into the energy of the community at anytime day or night.

It's a great place to be!

Comment

April Showers

Yes - I agree with you RN. Thanks BHOG - i am encouraged today. I really feel today is going to be the beginning of "something new". Isn't it great to wake up and have such hope!! Not a headache, stomach ache, bad breath, red eyes, heavy heart, vowing to "stop" but knowing you wont?? Just the thought ......... Ikes! I feel so blessed to be on this journey with all of you! Have a great Monday!

Liv

(from the Movie "Once")

Comment

April Showers

oh man!!

I had this really nice long post prepared and (I tought)sent, but when I came back to my computer after I was done w/ my patient it said I had too many smileys, and kicked me out!!!! OH MAN!!!! I forget all the nice things I said!!!!

First off, thanks BHOG!!! That is SO TRUE!!! I am enCOURAGed by this place!! I also am AF, and loving it..................getting on here (which I haven't been able to do in EONS!!) and reading and posting to newbies used to make my day!! I hate the fact that I don't have ANY time at all anymore, but am truly grateful for the time I do have to pop on here an check everyone out!

love you guys!!:l:h

Keep up the good work!!

MA
                    :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

April Showers

Happy Monday all--

Thanks again BHOG. I think the "circle of life" that goes on here is incredible. We start out here kinda hopeless, and get so much encouragement from those that came before us, and then before you know it we are the ones encouraging others--which in itself is healing I think.
                      Wishing everyone a great day, and a great week.
                      The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

April Showers

GREAT NEWS!!!!

Hi Showing mates!

i just received some news that will take me away for awhile - but all VERY good stuff!! I am 112 days AF - so at a very good place to start this trip!! Gotta go "Pack my bags" and get going but just wanted to say you are all in GREAT hands with BHOG, RN, LVT, and the rest of the crew who I know will keep this motivation going!

Peace and love and see you around!!
                        LIVING FREE

(from the Movie "Once")

Comment

April Showers

Liv,
                          We wish you all the best in your journey! I know this is something you have wanted to do for a long time! Congratulations on making it happen! Stop in and visit us from time to time as you can.

Live your Dreams

Our friend Living Free has gone to Live Her Dreams! While we will miss her, we should be happy for her, and perhaps emulate her..this was something she has been trying to make happen in her life for many years. Now, with clarity of vision and purpose, she has made her life into what she most desired!

Last evening, I had a business meeting focusing on exactly this idea, and today I wanted to share some of the basic thoughts with all of you.

What are your dreams? How can you make them a reality? Start today..define your dream...make a plan...and put your plan into action! Yes, they are simple steps, but very powerful ones. Well made plans, properly executed, can bring your dreams into reality! Even if you have to stop part way through, and re-write some of the plan to bring into acceptance factors you had not previously counted on, that is not a failure, but rather an accomplishment..the ability to see that your plan needs correction! Think of the pioneers venturing out into the wilderness..when they met an unexpected river or chasm, they did not turn back, rather they kept going around or to a point of safe crossing.

So I hope today I can put my dreams into motion, and I hope you also can

Live Your Dreams!

Stay Strong!
                          BHOG

Comment

April Showers

While I'm really happy for you Liv, your post also brought tears to my eyes. :upset:
                            I'm going to miss you here, I hope you will keep in touch as you can.
                            Thank you so much for your support and inspiration!

:upset:

Love, Mimi :upset: :h

Comment

April Showers

great!

Liv, hope you have a relaxing, rewarding trip.....:goodjob:

BHOG, this is right up my alley, I have been down because my dreams seem so impossible to ever reach, when you put it like you did, it makes me feel that they MAY be attainable after all......................will start pondering on that today, maybe even start a business plan of sorts.............?? Who knows??

Everyone here is such an ispiration, thanks for being here!!!:thanks:

lots of love:h and hugs!!!:l

Mary Anne
                              :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

April Showers

Mary Anne,

The point that came home last night, was that although I have been working on this for some time, I need every so often a booster shot of encouragement to keep moving it forward. As you know, we have been dealing with this business for some time and we really need to move it to completion!

Nice to have you post on here again! don't be a stranger!
                                BHOG

Comment

Working...
                                X