X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

experiance needed!

Thank you Breeze

Breeze,

Thank you so much for that post. You really hit it on the head when you say" I did not really want to quit" and " wanting it mind body and soul"

I think that is my problem right now.. I know that is my problem right now.. I don't want to quit mind body and soul.

The thought of never drinking again is the scariest of all..but I am pretty sure I already know that I can't moderate..never did before.

I've gone a few days AF here and there. 3 days last week, 2 weeks last August etc..for the most part I drink beer everyday.

Thanks again for your post, It definitively struck a cord with me.

Riker
    Do or Do Not, There is No Try - Yoda

Comment

experiance needed!

My impression is that most of the people who moderate here do so with the support of meds and/or supplements. These are great tools to enable their reduced drinking. For me personally, I would prefer to abstain, eat high-quality foods, exercise, pursue a balance of relaxing and challenging activities. The support available on this web site has enabled me to abstain. The other elements were already a part of my life, though they were melting away as my drinking increased. In the future I hope to occasionally have a single glass of wine.
      My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Working...
      X