Ugh I drank last night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ugh I drank last night

I was doing so well. I had not had anything to drink since Sunday, and then last night my daughter starred in her high school play. We were so excited when we got home I thought I'll have one glass of wine. It turned into a WHOLE bottle. I have a headache and it is the first time all week that I woke up feeling like crap. I have book club tonight and it is really just an excuse for us to drink wine and chat. I am am not sure I can get through it tonight, especially feeling so ashamed right now. I was doing so well. WHY did I do that? I am now having to start all over and I was feeling so GOOD. :upset:

Ugh I drank last night

bring a bottle of seltzer and amuse yourself by watching everyone get drunk.

or cancel and take a bath and drink some tea.

shame is not the way to deal with a drinking slip....... be well my friend
    You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

Ugh I drank last night

try, try again Blueeyed - don't think about the one day, think about the 4 days. You want to be sober so start again AF today.

And congrats to your daughter! I have a young thespian as well, he's so confident and natural on stage it makes me burst with pride. I imagine that you have another performance this evening? Even if you weren't planning on going, why don't you and re-write the evening's ending?
      The untold want, by life and land ne?er granted,
      Now, Voyager, sail thou forth, to seek and find.

W Whitman

90+ days yay!

Comment

Ugh I drank last night

Blueeyedg,

In a way, this early in your sobriety, you are starting over. But then again, you know you can string a few days together! So, just begin again today. About situations that you know that alcohol is a big part of the event, particulary more intimate, smaller events where you are accustomed to drinking, be careful. I am nearly 90 sober and I still use caution in chosing to attend such events. If you do go to your book club tonights, don't forget to take the Kudzu and L-Glut........they really do help!

KH
        A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Ugh I drank last night

Blueeyedgirl,
          These little setbacks happen.....Just don't give Up ! If you quit trying...then you loose ! This is a battle that has to be fought the rest of your life. ( Your daughter is a Thesbian ? mine is one too. She has been in a number of plays @ her High School, as a freshman....she is now a jr. ) She has another play coming up....will be nominated to the Thesbian Honor Society this year. Hope you daughter can make it too ! ) IAD
          ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
          those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
          Dr. Seuss

Comment

Ugh I drank last night

Many good suggestions-bring your favorite non-alcoholic beverage. Visualize how good you will feel at the end of the evening knowing you DID IT! Even after months I, like Kate, still pick and choose my activities. Many think I am a snob. Sure-better a snob than a drunk who makes a fool of themselves!

Good luck. You can do it!
            :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X