need some advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need some advice

Hi Crazygurl, I can totally relate to what you're saying. I find the wine really tricky because I really like the taste and enjoy drinking - but have gradually increased and increased until the hangovers got so bad I had to rethink. I'm going for moderation and am managing some AF days but when I do drink it's really hard not to drink the bottle dry! But as you say Fingers Crossed.

Comment

need some advice

Thank you all so much for your answers and replies. My long term goal is not drink at all weeknights, and then to moderate on the weekends. However I do want to get through 30 days first just to prove myself that I can do it. I didn't have anything last night or tonight but tonight I really want some. It's not like I am shaking or aching it's just that I feel really very anxious and nervous. It's like I can't relax. I guess I must have been depending entirely on the effect of alcohol to relax me and that is why I am now unable to. But it's so annoying. I just got my daughter to bed and then once she is quiet and sleeping I just want to be able to sit back and completely relax, but now I am unable to. Is this a normal reaction? Also as you get further into the 30 days would that ease up and would I be able to relax easier. Honestly, at the moment I feel like running around in little circles and all my worries regarding anything in life right now seem so exaggerated or something. Anyways, it's nice to come on to here when I am feeling like this as at least I know there are others who are in a similar place.

Thank again for all the support. :new:

Comment

need some advice

stop.

stop for good now and get the problem of alcohol out of your life once and for all before you get into trouble. you'll relax better without it and be much happier, take the advice from experience, alcohol destroys familys and people if taken in excess, that will be the course at some point. :thanks:

Comment

need some advice

Yeah it certainly doesn't get better with age!

Comment

Working...
          X