hello everyone!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hello everyone!!

I don't know if any of you remember me, the last time I was on was last November. My computer broke and I couldn't afford to get it fixed. Thank god i'm back online, I've been lost without it.
    I feel as though I'm in a much better place mentally than what I was last year. my bi polar medication has changed and I feel it is working better. Although my mindset is stonger and more positive, my drinking pattern has changed from every day/every other day, to a binge about once a week. Two weeks ago I started going to a drug and alcohol centre and have been assigned a key worker. I'm really going to embrace the support and work hard at recovery.
    I last drank, last Friday so i've only been af for 3 days. Last year I was drinking 2 bottles of wine a day, so i'm getting there, slowly but surely.

I hope to be able to give and recieve help here at MWO and be more involved than I was last year.

It was my daughters 15th birthday yesterday and she had 6 friends sleep over so I have to go and clear up the mess that they think they've tidied up.

Hope everyone is well and meeting their goals.
    take care
    love
    Want
    xxx
    AF since April 8th 2008 :kudos::rays:

Snake....... come crawling,
    There's fire in your eyes,
    Bite me, excite me,
    I'll learn to realize.

The poison transmuted,
    Brings eternal flame.
    Open me to heaven,
    To heal me again.

hello everyone!!

Welcome back!
    Sounds like you are on the right track.
    Stay close to this place.
    ~Laura

Insanity
    : doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results................... Albert Einstein

Comment

hello everyone!!

Good for you

You sound like freedom is at hand just ahead -- good luck!
      Matt

Comment

hello everyone!!

Welcome back! You sound happy and ready to work this with the help inside here!! Post on!
        Liv
        AF since Jan. 1, 2008 .... It all began right here

Raise your hopeful voice, you have a choice, you made it now.

(from the Movie "Once")

Comment

hello everyone!!

Love your name!! That says a lot..

So glad you found a medication that works better... and congrats on taking the difficult steps to get where you want to be... !!!

You probably won't recognize a lot of us newbies.. hehe.

Look forward to hearing more from you..
          P.S. You can't love if you don't love yourself... :heart:

As you wander through life, sister/brother, whatever be your goal, keep your eye upon the donut, and not upon the hole.
          - Sign in the Mayflower Coffee Shop, Chicago

Comment

hello everyone!!

Welcome back~

Congrats on 3 days! Keep it up! Sounds like you're in a better place now.
            :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

hello everyone!!

Remember you!! Of course I remember you Want, been wondering what the hell happened to you!!! So pleased you are feeling better and you sound very determined!!!! Great to have you back, you've been missed!!!!!!!!!

love Janicexxx
              AF since 9 May 2012
              Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

hello everyone!!

help!!!!

I am new here. Looked at the site last week and thought maybe. Well, yesterday I consumed about 3 bottles of wine. My ill mom was over and she realized this....i didn't want her to know i've been drinking too much. She started to cry and asked me to stop. This a.m. my husband says to me, you do something now or you are leaving the house. I can't do this anymore, I know that. IT's bad for my health (i've gained 60 lbs. this last year) and it is killing my marriage and now my 3 young children are noticing mommy isn't acting right. Please give me some advice. I have yet to order the tapes or suppps. yet. I am a sceptic.
                SIGNED,
                HELP ME

Comment

hello everyone!!

Welcome HSJMommy!! You've taken the first step coming here and posting - well done! Read, read and read again - find out as much about the programme as you can. Read old posts, new posts, but most of all download RJ's book, read it and then decided what parts of the programme, if any, you want to try. By the sound of it, things have got to change - you have a lot to lose and everything to gain so why not take the next step - only you can make that happen. Good luck, Janicexxx

ps if you start a new thread under "Starting Out" you'll probably get a lot more replies. Janicexxx
                  AF since 9 May 2012

Comment

hello everyone!!

Thanks

:thanks: for the welcome back.
                    hi breez and janice, nice to see your both still here, lots of new newbies to get to know .
                    I didn't drink last night so on day 4 af. I had some thoughts of having a drink but I managed not to entertain them for more than a couple of minutes.
                    Ended up going on a mega cleaning spree yesterday and it felt bloody fantastic when I'd finished. I'm going to do some more today. I cleaned out the computer room last week, it had become a dumping ground. I did it the day after my last binge so I had a awful hang over. It took me the whole day, but again felt fantastic when I'd finished (even with a banging headache). I'm on a bit of a roll now and believe me there's still lots to do.
                    I am in a much better place now Breez, i don't now if its the medication or the fact that I'm getting support from the alcohol centre, probably a combination. Before I felt like I was faking it to make (and that's very exhausting) I don't feel like I'm faking it now. I feel genuinely positive and hopeful.

take care and i'll see you all around the boards
                    Want
                    :l
                    AF since April 8th 2008 :kudos::rays:

Snake....... come crawling,
                    There's fire in your eyes,
                    Bite me, excite me,
                    I'll learn to realize.

The poison transmuted,
                    Brings eternal flame.
                    Open me to heaven,
                    To heal me again.

Comment

hello everyone!!

Hi Want, its amazing how much we get done when we're not drinking isn't it?? Its like a thick fog has been lifted and we can see what needs to be done!! And, we've got the energy and motivation to do it!! Want, why not pop over to the monthly abs daily thread, would love to see you there!

Janicexxx
                      AF since 9 May 2012

Comment

hello everyone!!

Hello WRM,
                        I think that part of the healing is in the postingof your thoughts and questions, and also helping others with your experience. Keep coming here every day. Keep taking steps, continuing what you have started. Set a goal, and experience the exhileration of meeting it. You can and will be successful.
                        My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

hello everyone!!

Hi wrw,
                          I remember you so glad to see you back again and doing well for yourself... keep it up.

Love

Teardrop.x
                          family is everything to me

Comment

hello everyone!!

Hi Want and welcome back

You are doing great. Stick close and let us know how you are getting on. There are a number of 30 days threads going at the moment or join us over on ODAT (one day at a time).

Rustop

Comment

hello everyone!!

Wantrealmeaning, HSJMOMMY
                              :welcome:! I would echo everything that has been said above, and would suggest that you both keep in close here..as close as possible! I found for myself that being able to get on line here and read how others had worked to kick the Beast to the curb and beat this terrible addiciton was wonderful..and when I hit witching hour and wanted that drink so badly I got on and went to the chat room. I found people on there who were willing to help me through every hour, even every few mintues as I fought to get AL and ALice out of my life!
                              This program can work for YOU! Please read the book,, look into the suppliments and medications if you feel you need them; if you have a dr you are comfortable with talk to them about some assistance. (My personal dr was great about understanding me and my concerns about discussing a very sensitive subject).
                              Don't be afraid to ask questions, and to post what you are feeling and thinking. I found it helps a LOT to put it out here and find out you are not alone, that others have been down this road, and are ready to help you make the same journey!
                              Stay Strong!
                              BHOG
                              War isn't working. Let's try Peace!

Comment

Working...
                              X