scared and need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

scared and need help

can't believe i am doing this.. i keep thinking i am going to stop because i am just bored, but it has gone beyond bored. i want help and i want to be normal again. is there normal? how long does it get to where you feel normal? silky

scared and need help

Hi Silky, and welcome. I don't know if I've ever been normal, & probably never will be...:rolleyes , but I do know, that since finding this program, I feel better than I remember feeling in decades! I've been with this since Jan. and it's the best thing that's happened to me, since I met my Hubby 8 yrs ago.
    In fact, were it not for this program, I very well could have lost him by now.|I ... And He's without a doubt:THE BEST THING that's ever happened to me!! (most of time)HA :lol :eek
    I think you will notice a differince right away.. just keep checking in, & keep in touch, Hugs, Judie

Comment

scared and need help

Hi psylky,

I'm very new here too.... but after a frantic morning googling anything and everything to do with alcohol or help with it etc I came upon this heaven of a site. The book is great - so down to earth and I felt I identified with the 'problem' drinker - one who likes it, too scared to give it up, but knows it's causing a problem and will cause more in the future to others if not healthwise myself. Everyone here is so... well... so honest - and one thing that struck me was how much I couldn't believe that I saw my own behaviour/thoughts etc in what alot was being posted here.... opened my eyes! Also made me feel I wasn't/I'm NOT alone.

So... I await the supps, cds and book - and topa - ordered offshore (just praying I don't get any serious side effects - how WOULD I be able to explain that to the doc ) No, joking aside.... I can't wait to start it - altho not managed to stop having my bottle of wine a night I HAVE started some exercise - twice a week to start....

Welcome - and good luck.... you'll like it here

Comment

scared and need help

Hi, Psylky. I just found this site last night, downloaded the book and ordered the CDs before I got to S+++ faced to do otherwise. I still need to learn about the supplements, etc. Everyone here has been most understanding. I went on a rave last night about two-three hours after my first official post as a registered user because it was hard to register after 4 glasses of chard (snort, of course) and I didn't feel like anyone was in the same time zone, or something. I went to the chat room and was the only one in there! So I got all bent out of shape beyond what a normal person would do. As to normal, I'm with the others. I don't know what normal is. I dont think I've EVER been normal. Sometimes I think part of the reason I started drinking was to BE normal. But that's just my opinion. Hang in there, keep coming back. I know I will. Best of luck
        Rock

Comment

Working...
        X