AF Team April - Day 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Team April - Day 7

It is getting lonely on this post - come on all you April AFers!!!!!

Well, I am pleased to announce that I have managed 6 AF days and 6 big fat zeros in the drink trackers. But that is not the best news. I am starting to feel a little bit cheerier about this whole AF thing. For any that have listened to me grumble lately that IS the best news.

UPWARD AND ONWARD!!!!

AF Team April - Day 7

Hi Croft -- kind of a slow morning today here on MWO but glad at least that you are up and about. Go for it, great to be sober for a day and almost spiritual to wake without a hangover. So I guess all we have to do is stay sober today. I do like this site; great alternative to boozing.

I would love to be sober for the rest of my life but still scared that this is just a temporary break from my boozing habits. I guess that's why we all go ODAT. My prayer for you.
    Matt

Comment

AF Team April - Day 7

I'll post today.

I, too, made it through the weekend and am on my way with the AF Team April!

Croft, you will find the longer you go the easier it does get. It seems day 10 is the magical number of the physical cravings. The rest of the time is just AL talking to you.

I am on day 21 and Physically feel incredible. I am sleeping through the night, no more night sweats, and keeping up with supps so nails are growing like crazy!! (Wish the hair on my head would kick in, too..) Mentally, I am truly doing okay, although hubby would differ on that opinion. He always does.

I do get the wants, though, and the internal diaglogue created by AL. I just pass them off. I have to if I want to stay sober. They come less frequently but occasionally hit you out of nowhere!!

Luckily, we are stronger than AL, we can tell him/her to shut up and leave us alone. I am also fitting in some exercise daily. That is showing immediate relief and benefit. (Of course the Antabuse pill I swallow every morning sure does make it easier to tell AL to shut up. :H)

Onwards and upwards!!!
      Cindi
      XXI
      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

AF Team April - Day 7

a Week Down

Croft! I'm still here AFing April!! I just am thrilled that you are feeling better about your AFing Days! I am still very impressed that you are sticking this out. It's kind of like "One Month" rather than amind set of "One Day" for you.

I can't wait to see how proud of yourself you are going to be at the End of April. Keep up the Afing days!! One week down - after today! :goodjob:
        Liv
        AF since Jan. 1, 2008 .... It all began right here

Raise your hopeful voice, you have a choice, you made it now.

(from the Movie "Once")

Comment

AF Team April - Day 7

Croft,

Glad this is getting easier for you. I'm impressed that you toughed out the first few days. I'm AF in April and am happy to join this thread as it does seem to be getting a bit bare. And of course, feel free to join us on the daily ABS thread. As I recall, quite a few folks signed on for AF April. Seems this weekend was particularly hard on AFers, makes me appreciate coming out unscathed a bit more.

Onwards and Upwards!
          Beck
          Beck

Sometimes you get there in spite of your route, losing track of your life and what it's about, the road seems to know when to straighten right out...Mary Chapin Carpenter

Comment

AF Team April - Day 7

Hi Croft

I'm still with you and on Day 8. I have to get over the 30 day mark this time hence starting in March for April if that makes any sense. Doing the cd's and taking the supplements and feeling good. They do make a difference, my cravings were not near as bad this week-end. I am also trying to kick junk food so that could have something to do with it also.

Heres to an AF April.

Rustop

Comment

AF Team April - Day 7

HI all; I'm in for the week, if that counts. AND AM VERY ENTHUSED . . . a month's worth of enthusiasm bunched into a week of ABS. Really, and truly, I'm looking forward to these ABS days, I LIKE THEM. They feel good - until they don't and then I like that I do them anyway. I'm at work, so have to run, but will check in later. GO TEAM GO.

G

Comment

AF Team April - Day 7

I'm still here and still AF-ing my way through April. What a very positive group - Congrats to all on Week 1 (and day 21 Cindi - woo hoo!). Special congrats to you, Croft. How did your party go?

Comment

AF Team April - Day 7

happy4once;306258 wrote: I'm still here and still AF-ing my way through April. What a very positive group - Congrats to all on Week 1 (and day 21 Cindi - woo hoo!). Special congrats to you, Croft. How did your party go?
                  Party was very challenging. Ended up leaving early, which was a total bummer as this was by best friends 40th birthday party. But it was just too hard to not drink. Everyone was offering me a drink. It went sorta like this:

"Croft what are you having?"
                  Me, "I don't know just yet"
                  "Hey there Croft, you gotta try this vodka from Crater Lake, here have a sip"
                  Me, "no thanks, not really in the mood for vodka tonight"
                  "Oh just taste mine, it is really something, nector of the gods"
                  Me, "no thank you, I will get something in a minute, after I finish my water"
                  "Hey Croft we are toasting, here is a glass of Champage, you have to say something"
                  Me, "ok, "blah blah blah" wander to bathroom and pour the champagne out.
                  "Hey Croft, there you are, we just made a round of shots, here you go, Scottie is making a toast" a shot gets shoved in my hand.
                  Me, "yea" turn around and pour it down the sink while everyone has their head pointed to the ceiling.
                  "Croft, what can I get you? a glass of wine, a beer?"
                  Me, "oh, I have been offered drinks all nite, I am dehydrated, think I will have some water"
                  "ok, I will get you a glass of water"
                  Me, "sighhhhh, great!"
                  "Hey there Croft, how you been? We got the whisky you like so much out!!! check it out!!! Hey guys, look its Croft, bring us a couple more glasses"
                  Me, "Hey dude" I manage to sneak away.
                  Best Friend, "Hey there BBF, I bought some of that stuff so we can make Chocolate Cherry Martinis later to have in the hot tub"
                  Me, "Yea!!!, that will be great, I can't wait"
                  "Hi Croft I have not see you in a while, look what I got?"
                  Me, "What is it?"
                  "Just Sprite"
                  Me, "Really, it looks like you peed in it"
                  "You want to taste it?"
                  Me, "Nope"
                  "It is just Whisky and Sprite, here taste it"
                  Me, "Nope"
                  "Go ahead, it won't hurt you"
                  Me, "Nope"
                  "I told you it is that color cause of the , hicup, whisky, drink it"
                  Me, "ok," pretend to take a sip
                  "You faked it, you think I really did pee in it, hey guys Croft thinks I peed in my drink" he stumbles off.

Finally I can't take it anymore. I bid farewell to my friend, blaming it on a stomach ache and go home early.

So, while I did not drink, I can't say I had fun either. I think it would have been easier to just have nursed a glass of wine all night. I would have had an escuse to not drink rather than having to make up excuses and poor liquor down every drain in the house. And I think I sorta came off as a snob, although my BFF thinks I just had a stomach ache all night.

Comment

AF Team April - Day 7

Croft,

You probably would've had a much "funner" time if you had made it clear you could not drink for to everyone you met.

Now that I have my medic alert necklace (no one has to see it says Antabuse on it) I can always pull it out and say, "Nope, taking new meds and can't drink..."

I plan that for my next big get together with all my old drinking buds.

However, I am glad you posted about the experience. My friends are likely to be just like yours at my next deal and I have to be prepared.

btw, I am having a rough night out of nowhere myself. Cravings hit mid afternoon and keep washing over me. I am able to kick 'em to the curb, though.

Love,
                    Cindi
                    XXI
                    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

AF Team April - Day 7

I know, but it is just such a pain to keep saying, I can't drink cause of this and this and this. the routine is getting boring. It makes me feel like I have some disease and I don't like feeling like I have some disease. I know I do have some disease - AL, but I don't like feeling like it. I want to be strong and healthy and in control. People think of me as strong and healthy and in control. If I had a medic alert necklace, it would really be weird. And my best friend would get extremely concerned. I have to make up some tall tales.

Comment

AF Team April - Day 7

Croft - well, for goodness sakes, no wonder you've been so grumpy (for you). You did awesome but that totally sucks. I definitely would have caved in I'm sure -- you win the award for the most deflections in one night.

Can you tell your best friend? I told my sister on, coincidentally, her 40th birthday. Easier to tell a sister though. I have just avoided others that I normally would drink with, which is copping out a bit. It's nice to have one real person other than my husband in on the conspiracy.

We are all very proud of you for sticking to your guns - a 'woo hoo' for you too!

Comment

AF Team April - Day 7

Croft,

Well, if you were me, that might be kinda fun...

Some strange disease and some unknown med no one can look up using Google.

Giving me some good ideas for my get together.

Ooops, my manager is gonna be there... Have to pull out the HIPPA stuff.

Cindi
                          XXI
                          AF April 9, 2016

Comment

AF Team April - Day 7

the problem with telling my best friend is that I work with her husband. I can't loose my job. It is complicated.

Comment

AF Team April - Day 7

Hi Croft,

Just tell them:

"I am sick of drinking, because it makes me feel like :crap: "

End of Story !
                              Miss October :blinkylove:

Comment

Working...
                              X